How far are your classes through your HSC courses? (3 Viewers)

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
EE2 where i believe we haven't done enough compared to what i did last time.

Chem were actually ahead i think we're up to Energy now .

English i think we may be slightly behind, cause the teacher went on holidays for 4 weeks, and we had to go in with the other class and ours felt really uncomfortable and as if we didn't learn anything.

Maths Right on track.

Bio perfect i think but i'm actually ahead in work.

Food tech were perfect

Geography slightly behind due to SGP crap that happened but otherwise fine.

lolokay

HSC
we havent even started water or energy in chem. havent done polynomials, parabola, parametric representation, calculus, perm/comb in maths/ext

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lolokay said:
we havent even started water or energy in chem. havent done polynomials, parabola, parametric representation, calculus, perm/comb in maths/ext
you haven't started water wow you are behind, are you sure you haven't done anything in water yet.

jellybelly59

HSC
nice to know that im on the same track as other ppl for chem... my teacher for chem is crap cause she fails to explain key concepts properly and just throws out handouts.... everything i have learnt in chem = self taught and chem tutor. *sighs*.....on a better note im glad to see that im not too behind ppl on other course subjects. :D

blackglitter

HSC
jellybelly59 said:
nice to know that im on the same track as other ppl for chem... my teacher for chem is crap cause she fails to explain key concepts properly and just throws out handouts.... everything i have learnt in chem = self taught and chem tutor. *sighs*.....on a better note im glad to see that im not too behind ppl on other course subjects. :D
That sucks, i have a really awesome chem teacher actually - he teaches directly via the syllabus and our class notes are under syllabus dot points so its really easy to study from. Oh and he's funny as hell :p

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
where are you up to in Chem?

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
we do all our work as class for discussion etc. except we have an assignment where we have to report on an acid i choose acetic acid aka vinegar

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
When I saw the thread title, I was like: "Shit, you guys are through HSC courses already?"

Maths - We're almost finished 2U Course, half way through Trigonometric Functions. (Done nothing in MX1)
English Advanced - Finished our second module
English Extension - 3/4 way through our second module
Chemistry - 3/4 way through our third module (water)
Physics - 3/5 way through our third module (electricity)
Legal - Starting Focus groups

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Maths = finished (including Prelim & HSC)

Maths Extension 1 = finished everything except Projectile Motion and Simple Harmonic Motion

Chemistry = half-way through Water Module (finished two modules before that)

Biology = started on the Australian Biota (finished two modules before that)

Buiness Studies = middle of the 3rd chapter

SOR I = Christianity (finished Judaism)

English = I don't really know. I think all schools are different on this.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
jellybelly59 said:
Exactly like my teacher :( All we get is handouts, and I have to self teach myself.

Anyway:

English - On track, going to do a comparative study on American Beauty and The Catcher in the Rye, the main topic being the American Dream.
Math Ext - Doing derivatives, then one more topic to go after.
Chem - Continuation of Water module
Phys - Moving about. I don't seem to grasp the concepts...I have a lot of catching up to do on Electrical Energy in the Home and Moving About.
Bio - Continuation of Life on Earth module. Bio teacher is terrible, feeding us with handouts and loads of unnecessary homework.
Eco - Labour markets.

Last edited:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
English - we're up to Area of Study (I don't know why we do AoS last in Year 11)
Mathematics - finished Prelim & HSC
Maths Ext 1 - finished Prelim & HSC (except Inverse Trig - but that shouldn't take too long)
Physics - finished Moving About, starting The Cosmic Engine soon
Business Studies - Finished Key Business Functions, Year 12 Marketing and Yr 12 Accounting and Finance (we don't learn Yr 11 stuff for some reason) and we're up to the next Topic (whatever that is).
Studies of Religion Finished Christianity, now up to Buddhism
Software Design & Development We've been having this prac teacher, so I don't know where the hell we are up to - but I'm pretty sure we're behind.

So basically up to speed with evertything except for Software Design and Development - stupid practical teacher.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
English- No idea which module but we are doing The Catcher in the Rye
Maths- Half way through Polynomials
Physics - Half way through electricity ( we are doing this as our 3rd module)
Chemistry- Half way through water (Module 3)
Economics - Half way through Financial Markets (Topic 5)
SOR - Almost finished Christianity ( 1st religion)

Last edited:

bettina44

HSC
we're really far behind.during these holidays i have to do:
maths-whole chapter of circle geometry and premutations and combinations
physics-half the moving about syllabus
economics-half of the financial mkt syllabus
TT so much hw

The Kaiser

HSC
English Advanced - Module B/C Critical Study and Representation of Text - Othello

English Ext - Finished analysing 1984 , analysing film text next term.

Maths Accelerated - Applications of Calculus into the Physical world (2 unit). (Beginning the topic next term).

Biology - Final Module Evolution of Australian Biota (Beginning topic next term).

Physics - Starting Electricity and Electrical Energy in the Home. (Module 3)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
My class is lagging on everything in every subject except for English so I'm doing my own studies to keep up :D

selablad

HSC
English: about on track, although we have a couple of assignments due in a short period of time so are going to be a bit thrown around (especially since some people apparently need to be taught how to write a narrative...)

Maths B: way behind! the main class is fine, but I'm teaching myself and am about a chapter behind and not really understanding anything at the moment...but I'm going to work really hard and use all my spares to catching up and hopefully will be right by the end of the week... doing calculus of periodic functions, man I hate periodic functions!! :mad:

Maths C: right on track, doing stuff with complex numbers

Biology: I don't have a clue, I've been staring out the window... As far as I know we are going fine, though...doing ecology, ecosystems, classification

Chemistry: Apparently we're a couple of days behind because no-one's been doing their homework, but that's hardly anything...

Physics: Perfect :D Thermal physics is coming along so nicely at the moment...

disclaimer: yes I am from a different state as most people, and the syllabus is different... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)