How far can course cutoffs fluctuate/? (1 Viewer)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
.ben said:
I've heard it can rise/fall by 5 to 6 UAI per year. That's a hell of a lot. I wanna do pharmacy next year but my UAI is only 2-3 above the cutoff. Do I need to be worried?
Theoretically, they can rise and fall from the lowest UAI to the highest.

Realistically 5-6 is drastic, 1-3 is normal.

Lizcat

HSC
lets hope that everything falls 1-3 marks!! then i'll be extremely HAPPY!!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Hi everyone. Don't get too stressed. You will find out the cut-offs in a few days!

**Note** Usually, the "cut-off" is the UAI achieved by the last person who was given an offer into the course for each round. For example, if I got a UAI of 95.70, and I was the last person who's got an offer for B Medical Science in the Main Round, then the cut-off for B Medical Science at UNSW would be 95.70.

adgala

HSC
aren't the real cut offs released after the main round offers are given?

hsc=suicide

HSC
Without Wings said:
The cutoffs are released the same day that offers are released. Although in 2003 there was a glitch in the system and many people had access to the cutoffs a few days earlier :)
lets all hope for a glitch!

ditto.

HSC
The only big fluctuations happen in relatively new courses where demand and supply patterns have not been firmly established.

Given that a significant amount of new places within a course is not opened up, demand for established courses is fairly constant, meaning UAI cut-offs won't fluctuate by more than 1 UAI point either way, for many.

thenothing

no member
HSC
ditto. said:
The only big fluctuations happen in relatively new courses where demand and supply patterns have not been firmly established.

Given that a significant amount of new places within a course is not opened up, demand for established courses is fairly constant, meaning UAI cut-offs won't fluctuate by more than 1 UAI point either way, for many.
Yeah, only thing that worries me is the increase in fee paying places.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)