• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How is this possible? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Howcome plain B Bus has a higher cutoff than the B Bus B Computing and B engineering B Business degrees?

Also i am a hopeful computer/software engineer student at either NSW or UTS.
Many are saying NSW has the best computing facilities in the state, however i do intend on doing a business/commerce degree along with my engineering.
For this i have to transfer from either B Eng (computer) at UNSW to B Eng/B Com - However my UAI allows me entry into B Eng/ B Bus at UTS.
I just need some motivation or good words that would swing me towards UTS, otherwise i think i'm heading UNSW...
Any pointers?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
UTS has pretty good computing facilities and the courses have industrial experience in them (the Engineering one and the single IT degrees).

HSC
I am strongly considering B Business B Computing now.
How are you finding it jasee?
Any ups or (more importantly) downs i should know about going to UTS?
How are the lecturers/teachers there for instance? I have heard terrible things about USyd's staff, and their lack of diligence to teach.
UTS/UNSW?!?!?!?! I still need someone to pull me into the right direction.

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
alright, im a single business student so ill give you my take on that.

i found the lecturers and tutors to be actually really good, all the teachers i had were willing to help outside the normal times. i was also impressed with utsonline, which is the equivalent to webct in some other unis i guess, whenever a question was asked, there was an answer within 24 hours. at the end of the semester there were over a few thousand posts on the web, they're a dedicated bunch at uts. note, ive only done a few subjects so i wouldnt know what other teachers are like. i found uts to be really flexible in terms of timetable making and shit like that.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
0o0 said:
alright, im a single business student so ill give you my take on that.

i found the lecturers and tutors to be actually really good, all the teachers i had were willing to help outside the normal times. i was also impressed with utsonline, which is the equivalent to webct in some other unis i guess, whenever a question was asked, there was an answer within 24 hours. at the end of the semester there were over a few thousand posts on the web, they're a dedicated bunch at uts. note, ive only done a few subjects so i wouldnt know what other teachers are like. i found uts to be really flexible in terms of timetable making and shit like that.
webct is superior to blackboard

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
because engineering is generally very hard and people will fail it and drop out after 1st semester

HSC
VanCarBus said:
because engineering is generally very hard and people will fail it and drop out after 1st semester
Speak for yourself please, stop generalising.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If you combine degrees, you can't do as many business majors... most people just want more business majors, so there's more demand for business.

wtfpwnt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)