• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How much do you care? (1 Viewer)

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
Honestly, how many of you just want this year to be over? Most people I know at this stage don't really care about their marks, they just want to finish... I'm inclined to agree...
Don't get me wrong, I want to do well but... I want it to be over even more...

your thoughts...

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Yes unfortunately i felt this feeling about 2 weeks prior to the HSC and did less work than I should of...

Buts its cool... you get over it after a week of finsihing the HSC

Seriously just enjoy the ride, you'll benefit from the journey

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Beaky
Seriously just enjoy the ride, you'll benefit from the journey
dont do that, its cruel. like saying change to our grade.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i feel like i'm so sick of school. i dont know.. i try not to think about it. i might as well go do my work and stduy to take my mind off how much i hate it. (i dont know how that works out though...) i want good marks but i;m gatting marks that i'm content with, but compared to the rest of ym grade, not really terrific. so yeah.. i kep telling myself "its worth it in the end if i nerd it now :)"

^___^
HSC
hmm..i was like that

like i was studying for once in my life and i was only getting 60% max and like my morale hit rocked bottom

then i didn't bother at all and like some teacher saw me acting lazy and shit and didn't really like it..and i didn't give a damn then

but then a change of fortune, like we changed a maths teacher and he kinda put pressure on me, so i had to perform ...after that i had improvement noticeable in physics where my trial mark of 30% popped close to 80 in hsc...

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
i feel like this sometimes

especially when im doing work and i have real trouble understanding it , i get that feeling like ahh fuck this just hurry up and get this over with!!

But meh , it normally wears off :D

= Jennifer =

HSC
i wanna leave now, because i am sick of it i need a change, i dont like being told what to do all the time, i just want to do what i want to do and i realise i cant until school ends, although i still put in the effort to do as well as possible

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i've had bits n pieces of this..i wanna get rid of all the work, but i also wanna stay for as long as i can caus i'll miss my m8s 2 much once i've gone (most of em will still be at skool)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I was like that. After the first two English exams and all of the assessments, I kind of didn't give two fucks anymore. I did pretty well in the HSC, but coz I dicked around most of the year, my UAI wasn't great.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i was the opposite, i did well all year, but i freak out in exams (including half yearlys and trials...although my hsc exam marks were pretty good)

seriously guys, after the exams youll turn around and ask yourself what all the fuss was for, its hyped up to be some big massive deal, and its not.

the worst bit is the waiting...waiting for the exams....waiting for your marks....waiting for your uai....waiting to find out if you got into uni or not...

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
the worst bit is the waiting...waiting for the exams....waiting for your marks....waiting for your uai....waiting to find out if you got into uni or not...
Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Trust me, the HSC and UAI are not the be all and end all.

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
sometimes i just feel trapped... i hate the feeling of all this pressure..
throughout all my years in highschool, ive just lazed and bummed around... and i always ended up with pretty good marks.. but ever since year 11, you start to notice that you cant bum round much for long and expect to get TOP marks, i mean, i still got pretty good marks, but they werent terrific.
now i want to do really really well.... and so do my teachers. but i dont know.. i guess im also kinda scared that they'll realise just how stupid i am! they expect me to come up with these great things...because i came up with goood stuff when i was buming round doin night before jobs..... but i feel like they were all flukes! how bout if i try, and end up with still only "good" marks? i'd feel so dissapointed.. i guess thats what stops me sometimes. i know its stupid, and you "never know until you try!"... but it just feels like your trapped... with no where to go, so you stay in the same spot... motionless.... or crawl through everyday, sticking to the shadows hoping that no one will notice you.......
gosh! how depressing! haha....
but i know its not all that bad.....
my motto....
GEt through now, for later.......
for example.. me---> i want to perform, i want to travel... i want to get a chance to dance, act and maybe even sing- if i get the guts-.... i want to go to uni and do great.. no excellent! and then i'll laugh purely because i choose to see life as a great game, play where I choose how the story goes and how i eend up feeling....
thats what i want..
BUt, i just have to hang in now.... and i'll get there eventually.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i get that feeling every now and again (especially when assessment and exam time rolls around!) but mostly, i try to stay focussed on why im doing this - to get good marks and a good uai. whenever i feel like i dont' care, i just shake off the feeling and get on with what im doing

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I don't ever want to leave school.

I really care about what mark l get and l'm scared that it'll all be over :(

Tarek

I always ask myself the same question. why the hell did i decide to stay in school.... and i just want the year to finish. this is my last year but frankly i cared more about the hsc in yr 7 then i do now.... and there is only like 6 months left...
just get it over with...

edit: yes i also want a good mark... but arghhh same thing everyday get up go to school come back do work try to relax sleep then get back up and do it all over again....

Last edited by a moderator:

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
I am at the stage where I just want to do the best I can and not worry about 'will my marks be good enough for uni'. I just want to take it all as it comes and not make any decisions untill I need to

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Cactus
I am at the stage where I just want to do the best I can and not worry about 'will my marks be good enough for uni'. I just want to take it all as it comes and not make any decisions untill I need to

I am also there as well. My parents just told me to do the best l can, and l will. Regarless if l do well or not.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Misturi
I don't ever want to leave school.

I really care about what mark l get and l'm scared that it'll all be over :(
Trust me, when you leave, you'll be glad.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Trust me, when you leave, you'll be glad.
but l will feel lonely and empty..l will miss the routine and the teachers who l have gotten to know so well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)