• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How much does the first Extension2 Maths task/ass' weigh on School and/or ATAR marks? (1 Viewer)

josephm

HSC
I was wondering if i could come back and put my average up because i really got a shock when i got my mark back as i went pathetic ( below 50 when i could have really achieved above 60 easily without all the mistakes)... However i checked my test cover and it did not say how much it weighed :confused2: and would like to know the marks i need to be around 95 scaled mark :) .

darkfenrir

HSC
Re: How much does the first Extension2 Maths task/ass' weigh on School and/or ATAR ma

I was wondering if i could come back and put my average up because i really got a shock when i got my mark back as i went pathetic ( below 50 when i could have really achieved above 60 easily without all the mistakes)... However i checked my test cover and it did not say how much it weighed :confused2: and would like to know the marks i need to be around 95 scaled mark :) .
A couple of my friends got 95 HSC mark for ext 2 maths, they god 82/100 raw mark in exam.

And my first assessment was weighted 15 percent. I would guess most schools first MX2 assessments are 15-20 percent.

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: How much does the first Extension2 Maths task/ass' weigh on School and/or ATAR ma

10% of your ATAR :)

Tasteless

HSC

75%

josephm

HSC

darkfenrir WOOW thanks for your help ...seems as if i'm almost stuffed up for Mx2 unless i get band 5's in my next 2 school tests :\

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Some of the above OPs are a little misleading.

No school assessment is ever worth a X% of your ATAR, because simply ranks are what are important internally. Your assessment marks are all moderated based on the exam, so HSC exam performance is the most key part of the process. How did your mark stack up in your cohort?

It differs school to school, but definitely not too late to climb your rank up as I'm guessing at least 80% of assessment is on the table, and the HSC exam is going to be the biggest determinant on your mark. You'll need to get your rank up and perform very well externally to get a 95 HSC mark though...

josephm

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)