• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How much for each subject? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I prioritise my subjects in order of importance, difficulty and also according to my ability to that subject. Therefore, I usually study all my subjects except Business Studies and Studies of Religion everyday.

But I am not sure how much to study at "one go" for each subject. I usually study 1.5 hour at "one go". I am starting to feel like studying 1.5 hour at "one go" is not very effective and doesn't allow other subjects time to study.

When you study for subject, how much do you spend for that particular subject? I guess 30 minutes is too short and 1 hour is quite appropriate. But I heard from someone else that studying more at a time is more "economically" beneficial. I would like to hear your opinions, too.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
In your case, i think maths should be done for at least an hour everyday.
With the other subjects it is really up to you.
If you memorise things easily, then 30 mins a night may suffice.
However you may need an hour per subject, and study each subject every second night..

Its all about you and your balance.

boris

Banned
HSC
I worked out once I got to uni not to mix subjects.
I'd do the allocated homework for each subject but I would allocate a separate day for each to 'study'. Otherwise I would have burned out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)