• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how much have u done these holidays? (1 Viewer)

stargaze

HSC
Well, I planned to get a lot more on my major work done these holidays.. Didn't really work out.. Did a bit of research and general reading but nothing really solid and definite yet, so thats a bit disappointing..

Anyway, what have u guys done on your m.w's these holidays?

And for any of the 04ers.. how much did u have done this time last yr?

G

go_elizabeth

i have dont some reserach in like december but not any since then i feel slack oh what to do?

HSC
This time last year i had lots of research and no 'actual work'.
Oh, and the first 100 or so words of my reflection statement.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
well... i have done quite alot of solid research and written about 100 words.. + did some experimenting with style and narration etc . + stuff lol ._."

( art gallery of NSW gives great inspiration xD~ ) ( so does a bavarian lunch lol )

taxman

make poverty
HSC
So far I've done about 40 pages or so in my log book just documenting ideas, my thoughts, etc...I've done a first draft for the script to my short film...but after I read it, I realise how pathetically shit it was. So after all the work I've done so far, I'm starting again. I'm just starting to panic because I'm not sure if I have the time to finish it. We'll see though.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
ive done 2 pages of writing......and a bit of researching and reading

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
This time last year I had a 3000 word draft done, but scrapped my idea after a while. Just make sure you have solid research!

steffo

steph
HSC
holy crap everybody from last year/this year has done heaps!

i havent done much either. im kinda pooing my pants about it.
ive kept up work on log book, coz i love it. i actually love log books too much to be normal.

and ive researched, done reading and thought about things but...have not really done much. im doing performance poetry. so i dont really know how to approach it. ive kind gone right into the deep end.

we'll manage though! im glad not everyone has done heaps...

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I've done about 3 pages in my journal... 'bout time to get started methinks.

veridis

droog
HSC
fist 3 minutes of my film scripted. and i do mean properly scripted as in edited 20 times over. rest of it i have in my head but not on paper so dont know how long it'l take. as for my log i have no entry after 15/11. methinks i'll haver to backdate quite a bit

taxman

make poverty
HSC
veridis said:
fist 3 minutes of my film scripted. and i do mean properly scripted as in edited 20 times over. rest of it i have in my head but not on paper so dont know how long it'l take. as for my log i have no entry after 15/11. methinks i'll haver to backdate quite a bit
What's worse in this situation? Me having done almost nothing with my script for my film, or you having completed the first 3 minutes and no log book? The latter methinks...since the log book doesn't get marked, you're better off. Log books are easy to bullshit anyway. I'm bullshitting my Drama IP. It's actually quite interesting...like the Learner's log books :D

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
Well i've done the first draft of the transcript of my speech.

Too lazy to practise it.

But yeh.. it guess it's quite a lot of work.

But thats all I've done over the holidays

veridis

droog
HSC
i just need my log to have regular enough entries so my teachers can be BS'd for viva voce and all that stuff. somehow i dont think they'd be too impressed with nothing from early nov - late jan. esp considering i was at school for a few weeks of that

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
i've done my proposal-due next week. i've done research, filled about 15 pages in my process journal and i've written 3 pages of my short story. thats about it.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I really hadnt done that much.... only one or two poems I think. My research was mainly just reading the work of different poets and authors which I had been doing steadily for a while, but yeah I remember about this time last year thinking hey i'd better actually sit down and do something! But you kids are seriously stressing way too much at this point in time.

Alaranth

I worked out a storyline for my movie, and I've done a lot of verbal brainstorms on the storyline. Thats about it for the holidays, but I've done other stuff before. As far as end product goes, I've worked out a rough storyline, locations, and half of my cast. Is anyone else having trouble finding the person their script needs in their family and friends? For movie that is, sry.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
We were supposed to do stuf???
Oh yeah, thats right, i've got to do my proposal for the first day back. I haven't even decided on a general theme yet, can't exactly discuss it with our supervisor though can i :) Bugger.

Abbeygale

HSC
I've got just over 2000 words drafted, but it's not exactly linear- they're just jumbles of thoughts that don't fit together properly. My teacher told us to have a draft ready for our first lesson (that would be tomorrow), but I don't think I'm the only one who hasn't done it.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
All i did was write and stick stuff in my journal. I just love it. But if it comes to anything productive. No i didnt do anything.

freakcore

HSC
I've got about 3 and a half thousand words done.(short strories) so thats like one and a half stories done first draft...
An incoherant peice of existentialist rambling and some reserch to add to my already overflowing cache of useless but vaguely interesting information. and that my friends is the complete and final summary of what i have done this hols.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)