How much to study in Hols? (1 Viewer)

asymptote

Originally posted by kini mini

The Excel book is a hopeless joke. Get the Jacaranda book and the Success One. The Marsden notes aren't bad either, ignore the lame jokes.

I don't see that studying 10 hours a day so early will be that helpful, sounds like a good way to burn out early. Personally I didn't ever work 10 hour days, 8 hours was as far as I could get before my brain turned off.

I would suggest 4-6 hours a day as part of a master revision plan. Be careful to make your plan realistic, if you know you need break days plan for them.

so u studied 8 hrs every day during hols?

n how did u study 4 physics? i stuffed up my yr 11 yrly exam...there4 im too scared n less confident!

asymptote

Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings

Um, all my marks were around the 70s, and I got a UAI over 90. HSC marks are usually higher than school marks, so you seem to have a good chance of getting over 90.
wow! dats good! :)
wat subjects did u do??

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by asymptote

so u studied 8 hrs every day during hols?

n how did u study 4 physics? i stuffed up my yr 11 yrly exam...there4 im too scared n less confident!
I stuffed up my year 12 half-yearly and trial. Most of the assignments I did were ranked band 4/5 and I ended up ranked 17th/70-odd, so I was sure it wouldn;t count. But I just couldn't see what was wrong with my answers. Turns out the BOS people thought they were ok, they gave me an exam mark of 94, assessment turned out to be 92 so I got 93, Still didn't end up counting it though.

So, with that disclaimer out of the way...

1) Write notes. LOTS of notes. Typing is best because you will revise them constantly. Write your notes in the form of an answer to a question plucked straight from the specific dot point

2) When you study, have textbook on one side and syllabus on the other. Follow it to the letter.

3) Do lots of questions from trials (see my page), from Success One, from Jacaranda. When you get that horrible feeling that your answer is incomplete, head back to the textbook.

4) If at all possible, draw a well-labelled siagram

5) Do not rush responses. Read the questions a few times, draft your answer in your mind. The exam is 3 hours long and you will not be pressed for time. Composition is very important.

Shocker_85

Originally posted by kini mini

I stuffed up my year 12 half-yearly and trial. Most of the assignments I did were ranked band 4/5 and I ended up ranked 17th/70-odd, so I was sure it wouldn;t count. But I just couldn't see what was wrong with my answers. Turns out the BOS people thought they were ok, they gave me an exam mark of 94, assessment turned out to be 92 so I got 93, Still didn't end up counting it though.

3) Do lots of questions from trials (see my page), from Success One, from Jacaranda. When you get that horrible feeling that your answer is incomplete, head back to the textbook.

ur rank out of 70 students is good! n ur marks are excellent!
wat do u mean by B](See my page)[/B]

MiKeY

HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings

Um, all my marks were around the 70s, and I got a UAI over 90. HSC marks are usually higher than school marks, so you seem to have a good chance of getting over 90.
Really?

What subjects did you do?

You only got 70's and your UAI was that high? Holy ####... How?
:confused:

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Shocker_85

ur rank out of 70 students is good! n ur marks are excellent!
wat do u mean by B](See my page)
[/B]
Click on the 'www' icon at the bottom of my post window :)

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by asymptote
and the most important thing....

wait for it....

patience...

RELAX DAMMIT!!!

well for a uai of 99 how do u plan to manage?
you have to learn to balance the 2, like study for an hour or two then take a nice long break doing something like reading/watching a movie/going to the gym etc you get my drift. study for a few hours relax for a few then poss. go bak to study and there is one nice looong holiday.

you DONT want to burn out early, I kno this from experience of yr 11, I thought if I study heaps Ill end up getting high marks (which later I find out doesnt mean shit all for the HSC) I burned out and didnt recover for a while.

asymptote

Originally posted by MiKeY

Really?

What subjects did you do?

You only got 70's and your UAI was that high? Holy ####... How?
:confused:

hey u do ipt....email me....i got 94% in yr 11!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Twintip
Easily. An aggregate of about 450/500 will give you a UAI of 99. In other words, aim for an average of 90 in everything.
just to clarify something ... the 450 is the aggregate of the scaled marks ...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'

just to clarify something ... the 450 is the aggregate of the scaled marks ...
Exactly. Trying to average a raw mark of 90 for 4u maths is almost impossible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)