How to fill in TFN Declaration Form (1 Viewer)

alussovsky

HSC
I'm a 2019 HSC graduate (hurrayyy) and I recently got hired for a part-time job (not gonna lie, very surprised I actually got accepted lol) and am required to bring in a completed TFN declaration form/employee declaration form, among some other files, for my first shift.

Okay, so... there's a section on the form that asks "Do you have a Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), VET Student Loan (VSL), Financial Supplement (FS), Student Start-up Loan (SSL) or Trade Support Loan (TSL) debt?" From my understanding, the HELP debt is a loan you can take out to assist you in university studies, but that's all I know. From what I've heard, everyone I know in university takes out a HELP loan because no one really has the funds to pay for their university courses straight up. Is that what it is? If not, can someone please explain to me what it is?

RIGHT. So pretty much, the ATAR hasn't come out yet, I haven't received any offers and I'm not sure which university I plan on going to (though I do plan on going) and as such, I am probably going to be in a HELP debt in university, but as of now, I don't have the debt. On the TFN form, do I still fill in that I have a debt or do I leave it as is and request my employer to make amendments to the form after I get the debt? Sorry if this is a stupid question ^^"

Time&moretime

HSC
I'm a 2019 HSC graduate (hurrayyy) and I recently got hired for a part-time job (not gonna lie, very surprised I actually got accepted lol) and am required to bring in a completed TFN declaration form/employee declaration form, among some other files, for my first shift.

Okay, so... there's a section on the form that asks "Do you have a Higher Education Loan Program (HELP), VET Student Loan (VSL), Financial Supplement (FS), Student Start-up Loan (SSL) or Trade Support Loan (TSL) debt?" From my understanding, the HELP debt is a loan you can take out to assist you in university studies, but that's all I know. From what I've heard, everyone I know in university takes out a HELP loan because no one really has the funds to pay for their university courses straight up. Is that what it is? If not, can someone please explain to me what it is?

RIGHT. So pretty much, the ATAR hasn't come out yet, I haven't received any offers and I'm not sure which university I plan on going to (though I do plan on going) and as such, I am probably going to be in a HELP debt in university, but as of now, I don't have the debt. On the TFN form, do I still fill in that I have a debt or do I leave it as is and request my employer to make amendments to the form after I get the debt? Sorry if this is a stupid question ^^"
I'm unable to answer accurately all your questions but I think you need an account with mygov and link with the ATO. I think you can proceed to make changes on your ATO profile as your circumstances change. Otherwise give ATO a phone call, they are quite helpful. Better I think before Christmas when everyone is still in a good mood. ;)

alussovsky

HSC
Nah, thanks for even reading through that word vomit and taking the time to answer, haha. I guess I'll start with that and see where it goes then! Thanks again~~

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You don't have a HELP debt yet then so you can say no. It's basically so they know to take out the loan repayments if your income hits the threshold.

When you get an offer and go to enrol, (at least in my time), that's when you get offered the loan in the enrollment process.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)