How to get a job at Ben and Jerry's (1 Viewer)

mariewinter2013

HSC
I was just wondering whether I have to send them an email expressing my interest, or go in store to pick up an application? If so, do I ask for the manager?? Preferably in the Chatswood area, thanks.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Go to the store and hand your resume to the store manager. Funny enough if you want to work in the Chatswood one, I kind of know the manager.

This is a shit story but I'll tell you anyway. Ben and Jerry have a thing called Free Cone Day, naturally me and my friend went to get free cones, we were year 12 so we finished early before most school kids ran for the line, so we had it short,so we kept lining for scoops of icecream, after 15 cups of icecream we both won a Ben and Jerry T-shirt. I went home,and then decided I would troll the linesman staff because they wear the same shirt I won, so I went back and smiled and stuff, then the manager saw me and he's like hey how are you?,and then I'm like hey, I'll help you hand out flyers, so the next 15 minutes I handed out flyers to my friends and was talking crap. After that , he's like you want to manage the line? I'm like ok, so I did(i did it mostly to chat to chicks that kept lining up) and then 3 hours later he offered me a job, and I declined cause I already work at Maccas and I cbf changing Lmao. (at least i bought home a small tub of icecream and some shitty ice-cream vouchers).

Moral of the story: show initiative, manager will notice. Thus hand in your resume.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Go to the store and hand your resume to the store manager.
Make sure you hand it to the manager though

If it's just a random employee who says they'll do it, then ask when the manager will be back and go back later

I've seen it first hand, where people rip up resumes after you leave :p It's actually really sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)