How to limit careless errors? (1 Viewer)

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
Yo, I've been doing way too many careless errors lately, what's the best way in limiting this asap?

carrotsss

HSC
Really useful way I found on this forum:
Start a list in your book. Whenever you make a careless error while studying or doing a past paper, write it down in that page. It forces you to think about your mistakes much more, and it worked wonders for me; I managed to make just one mistake in my maths advanced prelims

sluGzxxX

HSC
Really useful way I found on this forum:
Start a list in your book. Whenever you make a careless error while studying or doing a past paper, write it down in that page. It forces you to think about your mistakes much more, and it worked wonders for me; I managed to make just one mistake in my maths advanced prelims
How exactly do mistake books work? Do you write down the question you got wrong and write down the answer, or just describe the mistake?

carrotsss

HSC
How exactly do mistake books work? Do you write down the question you got wrong and write down the answer, or just describe the mistake?
I just describe the mistake. For example,
“Don’t forget to reduce powers when differentiating”
“Don’t confuse 30% and 1/3”
“Always include +- when rooting”
these are all real mistakes I made while doing past papers lmao

Vall

HSC
Always check your answers during exams (kinda obvious I know). And for long algebra heavy questions it can often be useful to sub in some random value (like x=5) in the first line of the working and sub the same value into the last line of working. If the number your calculator spits out is different, you know you’ve made a mistake.

chilli 412

oo la la
HSC
Always check your answers during exams (kinda obvious I know). And for long algebra heavy questions it can often be useful to sub in some random value (like x=5) in the first line of the working and sub the same value into the last line of working. If the number your calculator spits out is different, you know you’ve made a mistake.
Vall ive always wondered, did you do your IPT hsc in year 10?

Vall

HSC
Vall ive always wondered, did you do your IPT hsc in year 10?
Yep! Our school does that for a whole class - there was 14 of us I think. (Because it’s a cringe bad boring 99.9% useless subject and is very outdated)
edit: sorry Jimmy, in my opinion at least

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)