• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How to prepare and organise yourself for the HSC year? (1 Viewer)

Lordsion

HSC
What filing/organisatin structure will you use ........

I will use folders (1 for each module in each topic) and i will cover every dotpoint and all sheets from that topic to be placed into a folder (manilla like folders)

share suggestions please .......

HSC
Things I intend on doing:
- actually listen in Chemistry. Other Chem takers should know how fucking distressing that will be.
- Cover the dot points as they come at me. Not just writing them all up frantically the day before exams.
- Study, like properly, at least once a week. (atm I study 2 weeks before exams and that's it.)
- Hahahaha and yeah, actually KEEP the sheets I get given.
- Make an effort in doing and finishing homework.

I still:
- will not bother whatsoever on tasks which do not go towards assessment.

cs01001

HSC
m.incognito said:
- actually listen in Chemistry. Other Chem takers should know how fucking distressing that will be.
- Cover the dot points as they come at me. Not just writing them all up frantically the day before exams.
- Study, like properly, at least once a week. (atm I study 2 weeks before exams and that's it.)

I still:
Some good advice there :)

LordPc

HSC
m.incognito said:
Hmmm, I thought alot of this stuff was what you should already do, kind of like the minimum a student should do.

And Chem is hardly distressing. If it is then tell your teacher they are doing something wrong

beentherdunthat

HSC
m.incognito said:

I still:
- I never listened in chem. I still ace it ;)
- Yup. Cover dot points. Write notes to the dot points. Learn the dot points.
- Lmao. :uhoh:
- Yup, keep your sheets.
- LMAO. Err... never done homework since year 6. I'm not exxagerating.

m.incognito said:
I still:
- will not bother whatsoever on tasks which do not go towards assessment..
Amen. :D

People spend aeons preparing and organizing. As long as you get the work done before the exam, you shouldn't be worried. I never sit there and say for the next 40 days I'll be studying. Man, you get bored. So, whenever you're in the mood to study, then study. And make sure you give yourself breaks. I usually spend two weeks on one module, and the day before doing 3 modules. But the truth is... I get it done ;) :D lmao. Bad advice. Don't cram... Unless you're forced to cram. But that's me. :D

HSC
Start EARLY!!!! IN EVERYTHING, u wont regret this
even if it means giving up a friday nigtht, start EARLY!

beentherdunthat

HSC
love.is.around said:
Start EARLY!!!! IN EVERYTHING, u wont regret this
even if it means giving up a friday nigtht, start EARLY!
lol...

Speaking from experience, HSC isn't a big deal. Don't STRESS yourself. Just chill. Always remember to chill. Start early, true. But make sure you don't outdo yourself. You shouldn't run a race fast at the beginning. By the end, you would have killed yourself. <-- I live by this motive ;)

ASDFGHJKL:""

HSC
For organisation I am going to have a plastic filing box for each subject like this one:

http://www.office365.co.uk/im/pim/47376X.jpg

Then in class I am going to use Spirilax lecture pads (rip out) and organize notes into topics.

Every day I am going to summaries what I learnt in class and for maths do examples.

Every weekend I will do essay/extended response questions and record the weeks summaries onto my ipod using the microphone attachement.

I will then listen to these recorded notes on a daily basis.

This is what my life will consist of throughout the next year, however I have piano and cycling to break up time.

Does this sound like a good plan to you?

Last edited:

cs01001

HSC
ASDFGHJKL:"" said:
For organisation I am going to have a plastic filing box for each subject like this one:

Then in class I am going to use Spirilax lecture pads (rip out) and organize notes into topics.

Every day I am going to summaries what I learnt in class and for maths do examples.

Every weekend I will do essay/extended response questions and record the weeks summaries onto my ipod using the microphone attachement.

This is what my life will consist of throughout the next year, however I have piano and cycling to break up time.

It's a pretty organised plan, but it will take a lot of effort and commitment to stick to all those things. Good luck anyway

I hear some people write 90+ solid pages of notes for the humanity subjects, how do you guys do it and how do you file/organize the notes etc?

Last edited by a moderator:

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Well..for modern I put it in a plastic sleeve, lol. Note, the plastic sleeve has ripped :p
nahh...ok, so modern had 4 topics for us this year. I had one sleeve for cuban missile crisis, one sleeve for indochina war and stuff, one sleeve for assassination of JFK and one sleeve for world at TOC.
You really gotta know your stuff.
Best of luck :)

Zephyrio

HSC
I personally don't like using sleeves. This year I just bought a folder for each of my subjects and wrote notes on my computer. Whenever I finish notes, I just hole-punch sheets into the folder. For the humanity subjects - it's true. Some people have insane amount of notes. My folder is full as it is, including 50 pages of notes. Then I've got my essays, exams and other useful nuggets of information in there.

cs01001

HSC
The thing with those big ring folders is that they tend to rips the holes punched, therefore making the notes dangling =/

HSC
ASDFGHJKL:"" said:

Dude you're crazy maaan. EXTRA essays? Insane. Like in a crazy delusional way.

This mang added me to msn.
And I was like . . . MSN + STUDY = WTF HAHA
But you seem smart. Maybe my stupidity will rub off on you.
Or your intelligence will rub off on me?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm mostly using A4 loose leaf paper for my subjects, except for the predominantly writing-based subjects like MH and English. Folders are the way to go, and I might get my stationary soon.

THings that people have told me for Extension History: Keep your log book up to date :confused:

Zephyrio

HSC
cs01001 said:
The thing with those big ring folders is that they tend to rips the holes punched, therefore making the notes dangling =/
Haha, not mine for some reason. I have small ring binders. And I repair any holes damaged using sticky tape anyway.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Need to get A4 folders. My MH folder is bigger than all my other subjects' folders combined.

I might consider using a folder for each case study in Year 12 - one for core study, one for Germany, one for Speer and one for Conflict in the Pacific.

Hollieee

You're unbelievable.
HSC
Wow, you guys are pretty dedicated.
I have my preliminary exams starting tomorrow (English), and I'm starting my study tonight..?
All that stuff on change, I guess I'll just memorise my essay from the beginning of the year =)

NB; I WILL put more effort into the HSC.
I certainly hope.
=)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)