• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how to study for physics (1 Viewer)

andybandy

HSC
i have my half yearlys coming up in physics, and im not sure how to study for it, im doing okay at it, i wouldnt say the best i could be, but i just neeed help on how to revise!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
i have my half yearlys coming up in physics, and im not sure how to study for it, im doing okay at it, i wouldnt say the best i could be, but i just neeed help on how to revise!
http://www.talent-100.com.au/hsc-study-guide.php
^ I recommend downloading the study guide in the above link then go to the 'sciences' section. Defs worthwhile reading.

If you cbf doing that, I'll summarise it here:

1. Know the syllabus - Don't leave any gaps. Know ALL the content. Basically re-read over your notes (structured around the syllabus) and if you don't have notes, re-read your textbook to consolidate any gaps in your knowledge of the syllabus.

2. Know your question verbs - An example used in the guide - one that confuses students - Discuss = advantages + disadvantages BUT Assess = advantages + disadvantages + judgement.

3. Do practice questions and past papers. If you do not have access to past half yearlies, you can always select questions from trials and hsc papers that are relevant to the topics tested in your exam - Let's say your half yearly tests you on only Space and Motors + Gen, then look through the trial/HSC papers and do the Space & Motors + Gen questions only.

Many schools recycle questions from previous years' papers. In my physics half-yearly, around 2 questions were exactly the same from a 2010 half yearly paper (from my school) - that my tutor gave to me (since my school doesn't release physics half-yearly past papers so only way you can get them really is from past students).

So they help you get comfortable with typical questions that have high chances of appearing.

4. Know your practicals - they are outlined in the syllabus. Also, understand what to do for reliability, validity and accuracy questions...

So yeah.

Know the syllabus, know the calculations, know your pracs and do papers.

And you're set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)