How to study for the SC? (1 Viewer)

aassddxx1

HSC
Please don't say i shouldn't care about this test, no point studying etc., i just want to get a good mark to satisfy myself.

I have SC trials coming up in a week and there's history, geo, science, english, maths comp skills.

Comp skills seems easy.
Maths, meh just have to revise my chapters

But for history, geo and science there's lots of memorization and lots of chapters to study. What would be the best way to study/any specific topics to study? There's about 10 topics that are covered in the sc for science alone.

Thanks.

P.S I heard English is just a literacy exam, how would I "study" for this? All of it is multiple choice or am I wrong?

Thanks.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
I lol'd. Jokes aside, I remember English had a creative writing piece. The rest of it is pretty straightforward. Have a look at some past papers. For history and geo, if you must study, study from the syllabus. You can find what you need on the board of studies site.

enoilgam

HSC
Notes+past papers. Its pretty simplistic, nothing like HSC, so keep the study simple and you will do well.

Gigacube

HSC
I lol'd. Jokes aside, I remember English had a creative writing piece. The rest of it is pretty straightforward. Have a look at some past papers. For history and geo, if you must study, study from the syllabus. You can find what you need on the board of studies site.
Last year it was a feature article. I think it's usually a creative writing piece.

The best way to study is to practice with past papers.

Trials are usually harder than the real exam so don't freak if you get a mark that is lower than your expectations.

findx

HSC
get practice, the more the better. the trial is an indication of what you can and cant do. however, if you do poorly in the trials, it doesnt mean that you will do poorly in the sc.
and do practice papers, and try the online multiple choice exam

goodluck!

Ms106

Complexity
HSC
Practise the online multiple choice in each subject.
Maths is just practise, if you are doing the highest level maths, very few questions will require some of the harder stuff you learn, it's designed so most can be done by the lower classes.
For science, ask your teacher for past papers/exam style questions. Not all based around content.
Geography and History are the subjects which the majority of people find the hardest. Need to be able to talk about field study etc for geography... Other than that it's just knowing about everything you've done.

Edit: Also, need to be able to do mapping and all those geographical skills.

Last edited:

smartalec

HSC
you don't need to. its sc. Its pointlessness is even evident through the board of studies' abolition of it for 2012.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)