How to work out expected UAI for TPC? (1 Viewer)

lucabr

HSC
I am currently doing TPC and was hoping someone can help me with what UAI I can expect to get.
I expect to have marks around (not scaled)
Calculus 85
LALS B 84
Stats B 90
Phys B 85

Also would anyone have an idea on how many extra marks I could expect to receive with subjects like Calc and Phys with the scaling system?

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I did the TPC in 2007, though I did different B's to you. Biology B scaled up 5%, LALS B stayed the same, and humanities subjects (like Historical Studies) scaled down slightly. My campus didn't offer Calculus, Physics or Stats B (only A) so I can't really comment on them, though I would assume they would scale up, especially Calculus as I did Further Maths in Context and was scaled down as it was easier than Calculus.

Also, expect UAC to play with your marks a bit - my scaled TES was scaled down again - god knows why (I wasn't pleased when I found out either).

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Calculus 85
LALS B 84
Stats B 90
Phys B 85

take the highest three marks from subjects... therefore 85, 90 and 85... add and divide by three; 90 + 85 + 84 = 260/3 = 85.6... but add a couple of brownie points.. prob 2 or 3 uai marks...
opps, lals b must count toward tes... gessus, im forgetting everything... senior moment

therefore 88.6 uai

it sounds too simple doesn't it? from what i've been told, that's all they do... i've also heard that 1 students from a bunch of stupids gets close to 300... he/she still gets his 300...

Hi there Ambermoon

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)