hsc 2009 predictions (1 Viewer)

darshil

Replicant
HSC
Just wondering,
what are your predictions on the questions they will choose this year for extended and short response?

I'm thinking this:

Short response:

• Environmental Management
  • Globalisation in terms of convergence and all that :)
  • Things on monetary/fiscal policy
  • Analysing the current account
Extended Responses:

• a country other than Australia + impacts of globalisation
  • Impact of globalisation on the Aust economy
  • Fiscal Policy
  • Monetary Policy or maybe environmental management
But you never know, we might expect so much on the global financial crisis and the global recession but they might have put questions specifically targeting against that (because they know everyone will study it inside out).

Any way that is just me,

Your opinions?

Thanks!

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
they are def not gonna ask monetary or fiscal cos that was for last year...most likely on globalisation either australia or another country...
and CAD and possible unemployment

Zak Ambrose

Title Cost $20
HSC
environmental quality and globalisation impacts will surely be in there.

akim93

HSC
enviromental management will be in for sure...i hope
and CAD as essay questions...

my teacher said macroeconomic policy won't be in the essay parts

she was like "macroeconomic policy was on last year girls, so please pay attention to other things..it would be rather stupid of board of studies to use macroeconomic policy as essayquestions twice in a row "

but once again she's a pretty stupid teacher herself so u can't exactly trust her

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
My teacher talked to some Board of Studies high up who mentioned that Enviro. management would have a greater focus in the HSC tests in the coming years due to it lacking in the past.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
It's been an essay option in most of my Economics tests, and I think its a popular choice because its a really broad issue with a lot of factors to talk about, and a lot of room for deep analysis.

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Hard to say. Judging by what HASN'T been in past exams, the all important environmental management essay question seems imminent. The other may very well be a CAD question. Macroeconomic policy (in the current climate) may crop up in a short answer question. What are your thoughts on Protection/Globalisation/Case Study and Microeconomic reform as short answer/essay questions?

Lorie

HSC
Don't be surprised if they throw in a question that combines fiscal/monetary policy, maybe asking you to compare the 2.

Also maybe exchange rates. I remember there was an exchange rates essay question in my year.

lis3192

HSC
HSC Economics Prediction

Does anyone think its going to be macro economic policies and economic growth/unemployment for one of the essays? Worried if they test micro economic policies ><. Any predictions for the other essay?

hairspray

HSC
I'm praying that one of the essay question will be on the case study.
I have a feeling that this year's short answer section will be based on economic issues and government's response to these eco issues.

gurmies

Drover
HSC
Re: HSC Economics Prediction

My ideal essay combination would definitely be Macroeconomic policy and CAD, however this is probably wishful thinking =[

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Re: HSC Economics Prediction

WTF? theres already a thread for this, like 2 inches down on the page. how fucking hard is it to look?

Ghosn

Premium Member
HSC
WHy are you all predicting environmental management and globalisation??

HSC
environmental management was asked as 10 marks in the 2007 hsc..why would they repeat it again 2 years later.

i think unemployment will be one of the short answer questions, due to it not being asked in a while and it is a current problem this year.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Very much can do - usually you won't see questions repeated for the same marks within 2 years... unless they're very low markers and are slightly different.

Tronester

HSC
Environmental management may well be in the exam, but the hsc paper was written and finalised way back at the beginning of the year ... before Rudd's new policies really came into the picture.

Imo i think it would be more likely as a short answer.

we0426

Banned
HSC
Just wondering,
what are your predictions on the questions they will choose this year for extended and short response?

I'm thinking this:

Short response:

• Environmental Management
  • Globalisation in terms of convergence and all that :)
  • Things on monetary/fiscal policy
  • Analysing the current account
Extended Responses:

• a country other than Australia + impacts of globalisation
  • Impact of globalisation on the Aust economy
  • Fiscal Policy
  • Monetary Policy or maybe environmental management
But you never know, we might expect so much on the global financial crisis and the global recession but they might have put questions specifically targeting against that (because they know everyone will study it inside out).

Any way that is just me,

Your opinions?

Thanks!
yes it could be but have u guys thought of labour market reform..like it has not been asked for the last 2 years and ther has been new changes to it just this year..

baraka003

HSC
1. People neglect it and thus do poorly at it.

Possible.
thsi is precisely why it shoudl not be asked as an essay. im hoping for macro policies as unliekly as it is. globalisation will probably be an essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)