HSC Economics Notes (1 Viewer)

ssoans

HSC
I'm not exactly sure how to make economics notes for the HSC course.
Like should we write or type or both?
Flashcards, diagrams and this and that ...

I just would like to know how you guys made notes.

:) thank you

Hiheyhello

HSC
this has been my experience

1) when taking notes during the year and overall formatting and constructing notes, i typed them. it simply saves a HEAP of time. i remember writing them in year 11 when i went through an ‘aesthetic notes’ faze, but if i had done the same for hsc, it wouldn’t have sufficed. especially because you want to be using a variety of sources, and a lot of the time you’ll come across new info that you’ll need to slot in ur notes (if they’re typed, it’s easier)

2) when studying before an exam, writing is a great way to remember the content. i found mindmaps to be particularly helpful.

3) flash cards are great for learning the breadth of ur contnet, and what u need to draw on for specific questions. the way i’ve used them is as such:
for every syllabus dot point, there are several subheadings. under the subheadings are contnet summaries, stats etc.
i have the syllabus dot point on one side, and the subheadings on the other (eg adbavtages and disadvantages of multilateral trade agreements). i don’t use flash cards for details like stats (i guess u could tho?), but they’re defs great for breadth of knowledge (know what to draw on for the types of Qs

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Flashcards, diagrams and this and that ...

I just would like to know how you guys made notes.

:) thank you
I'm just doing those HSC economics explain questions per week to know where I'm at, I don't think there's really much to cover in terms of concepts but rather more just memorization of ideas and stats, and I would presume flash cards are the best way to do so but for me at least, I'm just doing HSC economics essay questions so I can get a feel how they would test the concepts and where they would come up. Just giving my thoughts, might not be correct. So due to that I just use other people's notes for eco since it does the job perfectly, I haven't came across an issue where there's inadequate info and if there is, I would just reformat the notes accordingly to my benefit.

nourished.

HSC
Both the comments above hit the nail on the head.

If you want to type your notes, then type them. If you want to write them, then write them. Just get your first set of notes down. From there, you can start to cut things out and insert more things. You might even insert exemplar responses into certain parts of your notes where 5 marks questions are usually tested.

You can always add more to your notes. So, don't stress too much about the specifics.

ssoans

HSC
Both the comments above hit the nail on the head.

If you want to type your notes, then type them. If you want to write them, then write them. Just get your first set of notes down. From there, you can start to cut things out and insert more things. You might even insert exemplar responses into certain parts of your notes where 5 marks questions are usually tested.

You can always add more to your notes. So, don't stress too much about the specifics.

So when you say "get some notes down", do you suggest that we write/type multiple sets of the same notes or just one set that we keep adding to?

Last edited:

ssoans

HSC
I'm just doing those HSC economics explain questions per week to know where I'm at, I don't think there's really much to cover in terms of concepts but rather more just memorization of ideas and stats, and I would presume flash cards are the best way to do so but for me at least, I'm just doing HSC economics essay questions so I can get a feel how they would test the concepts and where they would come up. Just giving my thoughts, might not be correct. So due to that I just use other people's notes for eco since it does the job perfectly, I haven't came across an issue where there's inadequate info and if there is, I would just reformat the notes accordingly to my benefit.

are those questions just from past papers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)