HSC Exam Thoughts 2016. Drastically reduced participation? (1 Viewer)

uart

HSC
N/A
After BOSTES gets the previous years exams uploaded, I usually like to take a look at the "Exam Thoughts" forums to get a feeling for how the students found the exams.

For some reason the participation in the 2016 exam thoughts forums seems to be drastically reduced compared with previous years. Well at least for the subjects in which I'm interested, Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the reason for this downturn. Is it a simple lack of interest in post examination discussions this year, or is it due to the rise of alternate mediums for discussion that has caused this?

Any ideas?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
After BOSTES gets the previous years exams uploaded, I usually like to take a look at the "Exam Thoughts" forums to get a feeling for how the students found the exams.

For some reason the participation in the 2016 exam thoughts forums seems to be drastically reduced compared with previous years. Well at least for the subjects in which I'm interested, Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the reason for this downturn. Is it a simple lack of interest in post examination discussions this year, or is it due to the rise of alternate mediums for discussion that has caused this?

Any ideas?
I think the website as a whole (not just post-Exam threads) may have declined in popularity drastically over the years. A good resource is Google Trends, which provides data of relative search popularity on Google over time for any phrase you're interested in. The search term "Bored of Studies" appears to have declined in popularity over the years (with a major drop around 2011-ish), as this shows:

https://www.google.com.au/trends/explore?date=all&q=Bored of studies .

(Of course, there are seasonal spikes corresponding to more activity around HSC Exam time each year I think, but the overall trend is negative.)

chickencoop

HSC
I dont want to sound like a bummer, but i feel like the students who care about education in each year 2015, 2016...etc is gradually decreasing and the general consensus about exams and exam thoughts depreciates alongside with it..

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say more people prefer shitposting on those hsc fb groups, coincidently they became popular from 2013 onwards

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
I dont want to sound like a bummer, but i feel like the students who care about education in each year 2015, 2016...etc is gradually decreasing and the general consensus about exams and exam thoughts depreciates alongside with it..
True. Education in Australia unfortunately isn't valued that highly.

aoc

HSC
As ive sat my HSC this year i will have to agree with the sentiment that education is not as highly valued as it was before and i would also have to agree with the notion that people prefer posting about their thoughts of tests on facebook and social media opposed to websites such as this

HSC
As ive sat my HSC this year i will have to agree with the sentiment that education is not as highly valued as it was before and i would also have to agree with the notion that people prefer posting about their thoughts of tests on facebook and social media opposed to websites such as this
Absolutely correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)