HSC Marks Question (1 Viewer)

acciofirebolt

HSC
If there are very few people (e.g. 5 people) in your class who are doing French Continuers, who are all pretty good at it but they all get (slightly) better marks than you for school exams, is it still possible for you to get a mid band 6 (92-94)?

How do people fare generally in French exams? I'm thinking of dropping because I don't think I can beat the other people in my class :S

Kittikhun

HSC
I would dare to say yes. My reasoning for this is from knowing that in one MH history class taught by Bruce Dennett at Baulkham Hills HS, everyone in the class except one person got a band 6.

When I did the HSC back in the day in 2010, 20% of the people who did French Continuers in the state got band 6's.

If you are getting above 85 consistently in your exams, I would suggest for you not to drop it since French Continuers scales quite well (I'm sure that if I did not do French Continuers, I would not have gotten into the uni I am studying at right now).

Bon courage, :).

Meshy590

HSC
If there are very few people (e.g. 5 people) in your class who are doing French Continuers, who are all pretty good at it but they all get (slightly) better marks than you for school exams, is it still possible for you to get a mid band 6 (92-94)?

How do people fare generally in French exams? I'm thinking of dropping because I don't think I can beat the other people in my class :S
Yes, it's possible. For me personally, I was ranked 1st in a class of 3 people, and I ended up getting 94... but that was just my experience.

As for the difficulty of French HSC exams, they are not very difficult. Just make sure you do well in the oral exam, and allow enough time to proofread your writing in the written paper- the 2 things I regret now...

But definitely keep French if you like it and are reasonably good at it!

Bonne chance !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)