hsc music day at the con (1 Viewer)

tash

lalalala
HSC
anyone going to the hsc music thingo next monday/tuesday at the conservatorium? i'm going and i thought others might be interested if you haven't already heard about it cos it's meant to be really good. it's on tuesday the 8th for music 1 people ($55) and i think the 7th and 8th for music 2 and ext people ($99) but i'm not too sure.

if you're interested call 9351 1207 cos i think it would be really worthwhile going to and it should help your aural/performance/composition stuff

tash

lalalala
HSC
yeah just stuff that's good to include in it like changes in key and time signature, and it's good to have a short pause somewhere- 'don't underestimate the power of silence' or something like that. and i got the impression that it's good to improvise on the pentatonic scale for some reason...
i wasn't listening incredibly intenetly since i'm not doing comp but it was a bit like that

tash

lalalala
HSC
oh she was fairly boring and seemed disorganised but what i did learn is that u're apparently meant to have a question that u're answering (i don't know if that's obvious or not but i didn't know that!). ummm talk about the concepts and around that mainly- background of the person u're talking about (if that's what u're doing) isn't really relevant.

a good thing to do is be able to play musical examples on piano or your intrument etc. and know where ur musical egs on tape/cd are!

that's about all i can think of now. she was mainly reading the points from the syllabus and comments on last yrs vivas so read them and that's basically what she talked about

chip

HSC
ok so i gotta think of a question then cause i dont think i really had one just some statements

tash

lalalala
HSC
yeah that's what i was like and so i thought of 1 question but it was too general so i've thought of another one now- and i'll probably change my mind again soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)