HSC v. BF (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
lol during high school, my dad would always say "no boyfriend til uni"
not surprisingly, when i started uni, he changed it to "no boyfriend til you graduate" :p

anyway, he unofficially knows about my boyfriend and he seems fine with it. (ie, he hasn't complained at all, and has even made jokes - which is amazing for my - asian - father :p)

sweetXinsanity

Drama Queen On The Run...
HSC
Shaynie69 said:
When i was in yr10 i went out with a guy in yr12 his race was Indonesian. His family blew up at him and he blew up back! They left us alone eventually. He just pressed on at them and was stubborn.
yeh then he turned out to be not worth the effort anyways lol

sweetXinsanity

HSC
i reckon that bf's and the HSC are ok, aslong as the boy doesnt want u to come out too much when he knows what u have t do... and doesnt get shitty when u chose school work over him..

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
wow! i cant believe some of the things y0 asian parents have restricted you from? (not getting your license? LOL my parents were excited when i got mine, meaning they didnt have to drive me around anymore)

im Greek background, my parents are very down to earth + born in australia.. making me australian (basically!)
i was allowed to have a boyfriend throughout year 12 (last year) but i chose not to.. i was seeing a few guys.. but really couldnt be fukd for them!.. not because of my studies, i was also doing a part time course at tafe 3 nights a week after school (during year 12) AND mind you i was out nearly every weekend during year 12..
i ended up flunking hsc without opening a book more than twice lol and i got into the course i wanted to... pure luck i guess!
but guys.. not every1 can be lucky as me (lol) so listen to your parents!!

ohhh and when i have a new boyfriend i dont come home and announce it.. lol coz my mum is all like.. "who is he, whats he like, is he cute, whats he do, how did u meet him" lol its cute on her behalf... but annoys the hell out of me... my dad jst thinks im dads little girl and that im never going to grow up! he nearly had a heart attack when my mum told him i smoked! :O sorry daddddd!

ooooooh QUESTION
why are u asking this question? is it because your parents think having a bf/gf will fuck you up for hsc and distract your studies? or they scared you getting commited to a partner as such as young age, and ur gonna fall in luv and have sex + get pregnant etc? (lol) jst curious!

suteki

lol?.. meh. to the hsc.. my parents try to force my bf to have dinner with us all the time.. stupid thing is he refuses..
=( sighs..
hehe i told my mum about him cause she used to think he was gay.. therefore she thought it was ok to date him cause he wouldnt try any funny stuff.. lol.. he wants gay.. just dressed nice and smelt nice

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
MzbLaZeIT said:
i ended up flunking hsc without opening a book more than twice lol and i got into the course i wanted to... pure luck i guess!
but guys.. not every1 can be lucky as me (lol) so listen to your parents!!
dear god that gave me a headache.

to sum up in contrast to what mzblazeit wrote

during the hsc I

- had a boyfriend
- moved out
- had constant fights with my family
- went out more than i have compared to previous years

and i received high band 5's and 6's, have a scholarship Sydney Uni, recently got a distinction for my major, and still with my boyfriend.

So you CAN juggle things, just be organised.

sweetXinsanity

HSC
I know, some religions and/or races belive in soo many different things...
its amazing...
but i say if the poeple of other races have children born in australia and live in australia then TO A CERTAIN EXTENT, the children should be allowed to follow their own customs, not just their conventional one...
And also i dont announce my relationships to my parents either, jeez what teen in their right mind does these days, unless u have a really strong bond with your folks :p
but yeh i let them guess and then if they come to me with suspicions, i fill in the blanks lol :cool:

Shaynie69

HSC
ur_inner_child said:

during the hsc I

- had a boyfriend
- moved out

and i received high band 5's and 6's, have a scholarship Sydney Uni, recently got a distinction for my major, and still with my boyfriend.

I want your life....swap?

sweetXinsanity

HSC
ur_inner_child said:

during the hsc I

- had a boyfriend
- moved out

GOOD STUFF ;)
but everyones different when it comes to the HSC and some people need that extra drive to get going...
either that or they just have the attention span of a flea and shouldnt be doin the hsc......

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i enjoy keeping my private life quite distant from my parents. even to the exstent of lieing about where i have been and who went. i dont know why, maybe because my parents made me feel insecure about girls when i was younger or something. its not a teenage thing either, i am pretty sure i will be like this for life and the first time they find out about a girl will be when they get a wedding invitation. i guess i cant hide a wife from em neh?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I've never told my parents any of my high school relationships simply because my parents are the naggy type and it wouldve just annoyed me.

My current gf's parents (asian) are now aware of me, and I've met them (gone to her place, taken her to hospital with her mum etc) and I guess if you give them time, asian parents will come around (maybe cause shes 2nd year uni now). Although typically...her mum was disappointed at first that I wasn't chinese...oh well..

alby

cool duckie
HSC
at least you're more asian than many of the other possibilities, min

as for me (anglo), this' only my 4th bf. in the beginning i tend to lie and say i've been/am out with a mate, when she finds out that its a guy i just say we're friends. but after a couple of weeks, mum acknowledges that we're pretty much together, and she's fine with that (luckily). dad doesnt really have much to do with my love life, but basically he's happy if i'm happy

as for yr 12, i had 2 bfs. the first was from december till mid-august...he was younger, so it wasnt the best of relationships, he always wanted to talk and/or be with me, and thanks to that i stuffed up my half yrlies and trials (not completely blaming him, but he did have a big impact on it). it was my first bf, so i didnt exactly know what to expect/what i was doing (in regards to keeping the r'ship together, and eventually breaking up).
the second was a great relationship - he was first year uni, so he knew what i was going through and knew that i needed someone to give me a kick in the arse when i got lazy, whilst also giving me plenty of time when i needed it. he made me study (even made the 2hr trip down here just to make me go to the library to study) and gave me a reason to keep going, and i wouldnt've had it any other way..almost a shame i didnt break up with the first bf earlier, so i could have the second while i was doing my 1/2 yrlies and trials...but that's life i guess

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
sweetXinsanity said:
but i say if the poeple of other races have children born in australia and live in australia then TO A CERTAIN EXTENT, the children should be allowed to follow their own customs, not just their conventional one...
omg, yes! AMEN!

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
my mum knows about some of my relationships, but she doesnt know the extent of them.
i try not to tell my mum too many things about my life, but its pretty hard, coz all she does is question me about anything and everything.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
My mum doesn't even question. She knows.
She's too observative for my own good.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
My parents never taught me what sex was. Up until year 6 I believed that if you touch someone's butt you'd get pregnant. Then in year 6, we had sex education, but I just laughed at it and didn't remember anything. It wasn't actually until year 9 or 10 that I found out what sex was.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)