HSC v. BF (1 Viewer)

Mumma

HSC
Year 10? well holy fuck, damn i figured it out in year 4 by looking up "sex", "vagina", "penis", "erection" and "penetration" (in that order) in a dictionary, i think it was oxford actually. Yeah I sat there shaking my head wondering what kind of sick fucks would do this. :eek:

Tuggi3

Vicious and Delicious
HSC
my mum (parents are divorced) knew about my boyfriend in yr 12, well she had known about him since yr 10 really. She was ok with it, as long as he didn't take up all my time and i studied. I'm greek.

Just don't make the mistake of putting your partner before your studies.. you've gotta look out for yourself, because realistically, you don't know if they (your partner) are actually going to be there forever, but your stuck with yourself for life :p

50Cent

The Protege
HSC
Yeah a chick i was going out with had a mole of a mum. So i just banged her daughter for revenge.

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
No, I wouldn't tell my parents a thing, mainly cos they think having a bf in yr 12 will throw me off track. Theres this belief you won't reach your potential with such a 'distraction'.

I think we have a don't ask, don't tell thing happening. so long as i work during mon-thurs, i'm free to do whatever (with whoever) in the remaining days.

so it borders on carefree... but god, i would feel too weird talking to them about it!

=)

haha whoops i always talk in multiple lol and then i dont make sense.
my bad.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
both my parents know and love my boyfriend and it is the best situation ever. they leave it up to me to decide how much work i need to put in, because they know i am sensible enough to take responsibility and study when i need to. they always allow me to see my boyfriend (unless i have exams/assessments the next day or something, but even then it's really up to me) and he is always welcome at my house. it's perfect.

HSC
Tuggi3 said:
Just don't make the mistake of putting your partner before your studies.. you've gotta look out for yourself, because realistically, you don't know if they (your partner) are actually going to be there forever, but your stuck with yourself for life :p
That is excellent advice, tuggs.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I tried to keep last relationship a secret, but eventually my parents found out about it... At first, they didn't really like the fact I had a bf... but then later on they had got over it and eventually forgot about it :)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
my parents dont know, but i assume they hav an idea...

i recently went to a sporting event cause mum got free tickets and i went wit a few friends includin my gal, all my friends and i went for a walk at half time, they all went back, me and her were gone until 5 minutes to go in the match....

they havent asked what happened just hinted to things, i dont think they want 2 know

they never knew about me and my ex, we were 2gther 4 a few months, but her mum knew, her mum knew HEAPS, she told her mum EVERYTHING, yes....i mean everything

anyway, im fully skippy for the record

cheers

-dawso

btw - both relationships have started around hsc time, first time round last year wen i was accelerated, and now just recently when study is increasing, tough tiems but its good 2 hav an 'outlet'

basherq

as its already been pointed out that asian parents really resent anything out of their sphere, i wont bother 2 burden u guys with my complains at this.Yes i'm asian and sometimes it seriously pisses me off....and this whole g.friend thing?!?
i'm currently goin out with an anglo chick....yes i can also hear that timebomb ticking away.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
CurryWarMachine said:
as its already been pointed out that asian parents really resent anything out of their sphere, i wont bother 2 burden u guys with my complains at this.Yes i'm asian and sometimes it seriously pisses me off....and this whole g.friend thing?!?
i'm currently goin out with an anglo chick....yes i can also hear that timebomb ticking away.
I know what you mean - it's like...they came to Australia, so what did they expect?

santaslayer

HSC
Me, I'm AzN, so i guess i have aZn parents too...

they're ok actually...don't follow the same, strict stereotype...

they will think that i have serious issues if i dont communicate with girls...

i think they're scaRED ill turn gay or something...

so yeah...my parents are ok with all that...girl has been round my place a few times..

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
my parents didnt know about my current relationship until 7 months into it when they caught me out. I said i was at my friends house when i was at my boyfriends house and man was i in trouble. He's 6 years older than me so they had problems at first but now its all good. I love him tobits and so do they. As long i try my hardest and study when i need too its all ok :)

Keen

MD
HSC
Yeah, I think saying people who have relationships during y12 don't get into uni. I know many people in med who've been with their partners during y12. And a relationship (or at least someone who can motivate you) can really help you study, I wouldn't have got through my last exams studying on my own.

Keen

ZacG

HSC
Keen said:
Yeah, I think saying people who have relationships during y12 don't get into uni. I know many people in med who've been with their partners during y12. And a relationship (or at least someone who can motivate you) can really help you study, I wouldn't have got through my last exams studying on my own.

Keen
Yeah, I agree with that. My parents know about my relationship (my parents know my girlfriend really well, and vice versa with hers). We tend to stay at each other's house every weekend or so, and it's a great situation.

And we're both Australians, for what it's worth.

pretti_in_pink

pretti_in_pink
HSC
it wouldnt be worth my time having a secret relationship i talk about my boyfriend to my parents non stop and im there every friday and saturday night. one of my friends has a girlfriend and her parents dont know about him and its kinda like whats the point of going out they never see each other and when the talk on the phone they are always interrupted by her parents asking who it is. he's starting to get fed up with it and plus he hates her friends and everytime the go out somewhere they have to come too. its bloody stupid

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
My parents never taught me what sex was. Up until year 6 I believed that if you touch someone's butt you'd get pregnant. Then in year 6, we had sex education, but I just laughed at it and didn't remember anything. It wasn't actually until year 9 or 10 that I found out what sex was.
Hahah, me too...well amost, except I actually absorbed the information given to us in Interrelate in year 6. My parents always told me that if you got married, babies would "magically appear". Only bad people had babies when they weren't married. Wow, what propaganda was being fed to me as a pre-teen?

I've also heard the "pray to God and you get a baby" trick, but since my parents aren't Christians they never used it on me.

My parents are still completely unaware of my sort-of-relationship. I say sort-of because we aren't doing anything except meeting up in random places and talking for hours...and because there is some question over whether I'm romantically attracted to him or am getting confused about the v.good friend status (he tipped paint down my shirt in year four...so yes, we've known each other for nearly 8 years)

ZacG

HSC
Wow, that's crazy. Here I was knowing all about sex and all the things to go with it in year 2 or 3. Didn't you guys ever watch TV or movies, or (later) the internet?

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
ZacG said:
Wow, that's crazy. Here I was knowing all about sex and all the things to go with it in year 2 or 3. Didn't you guys ever watch TV or movies, or (later) the internet?
You've got to be kidding! I saw one movie in the cinemas per year until 2001. My TV was restricted to any ABC between the hours of 6am and 6pm, or the News, or documentaries such as Totally Wild or Animal Hospital. I watched mostly Disney cartoons on my VCR, with some Warner Bros stuff.

We got the internet in 1998 but our computer was so hopeless that I hardly used it...

And up till about year 9 my parents were still censoring my reading...I had "Wild Swans" taken away from me because it was "unsuitable".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)