• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Human Bio (1 Viewer)

FrenchSammich

HSC
Okay, so I know it's kinda stupid to think about this right now during HSC year but I wouldn't mind having this clarified. So I decided to drop bio at the end of prelim year since my Biology teacher was an idiot who couldn't teach even if her life depended on it, and I decided not to bother dealing with an awful teacher. However, I was interested in doing Human Biology or at least some kind of equivalent course in another uni.

So anyways, how necessary is HSC Biology for this course? I'd assume it would be a huge benefit, but how well would I be able to get by and understand the concepts? Also, would I be able to learn the necessary concepts in a Biology bridging course?

Again, I know it is stupid to ask this right now, but I'd appreciate knowing if I should really regret dropping the subject or if I can get by fine without it. ^_^

annie_m

HSC
I did Human Bio first year at usyd without doing a bridging course. I didn't do any biology or science during year11/12. I only did humanities subjects and general maths/ economics. I got 97 for the report and I came out with a high credit. I did have to work very hard though, but I think it payed off. You should be fine. :)

lawstu

HSC
Another post stating that Human Biology is that well structured and taught that you don't need a bridging course or prior knowledge.

In the day, HSC Biology was underwhelming, and teachers that taught Biology classes were all shonky as shit. You'll be okay without doing HSC Biology.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)