I am so confused...feel like helping me out? (1 Viewer)

specialjenny

HSC
Hi all.

I am currently doing Bachelor of Industrial Design at UNSW and I am like failing so badly and I realised (only after UAC has closed for mid year transfer!!) that I really need to do something else or I will go insane.

But it was too late, I rang everywhere yesterday and they were all like..apply next year! Be early this time!

And I am thinking about just working full time in the second semester instead forcing myself to do something I don't like (like Industrial design, not like I have passed this semester anyway)

I want to do Psychology or Bachelor of Arts at maybe UWS....But....since I am doing sooooooo badly this semester, when I apply through UAC next year, are they going to keep my UNI mark in mind? And hopefully the UAI will drop.

Also should I do a STAT test so hopefully it increases my chance of getting into UWS next year?

And should I not quit UNSW and do some of general classes or something related to psychology in the mean time? But the thing is..I didn't do it for the 1st semester..also I wouldn't know if UWS requires it.

I am just so confuse as you can see.. I am not staying for Industrial Design which is for sure (80% sure)..please...anyone with any comments? Help?

Regards,
Jenny

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
try to find something you like and apply for a midyear transfer (check UAC for deadline?).. i fink they only count ur UAI if you haven't completed one full yr of uni

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I say go ahead with your idea and dis-enrol after this semester. That way, when you apply to UAC for 2006, they'll only take your 2005 UAI into consideration.

specialjenny

HSC
That's what I am doing guys. Thanks a lot. But it seems like the UAI is rising so much. Bachelor of Arts from 66 in 2003 jumped to 74 in 2004 and jumped to 74.xx in 2005.. I have little to spare! *cries* I will be dead if I can't get in!!!!! sniff sniff

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
The worst you can do is not apply. Give it a shot, u'll never know what will happen. I mean some mainstream courses last year fell for UNSW and ANU (those were the uni's i looked @) despite people saying it'll continually rise. All the best.

specialjenny

HSC
Thanks there. I am now trying to tell myself, it's useless that if I start stressing out already when I just can't change anything and why not just enjoy half a year of work experience and hope for the best. :) That's all I can do now I guess. But you people are so kind and supportive. So thankyou all @ boredofstudies forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)