I Capture The Castle (1 Viewer)

Ellie-Bee

HSC
Hey!
I just finished reading this book and I loved it!!! Anyone else read it? Thoughts? I totally recommend it!

kaylz

HSC
It's sitting on my bookshelf, but the cover was ugly so I didn't bother. Is it any good? And when you answer, give another three examples of books that you consider to be good, just so I know how much of an idiot you are in advance.

persephone

HSC
I liked it. It reminds me of Pride and Prejudice a little bit. But I don't like who got together in the end. It seemed a bit odd. But I did like it.

Ellie-Bee

HSC
kaylz said:
It's sitting on my bookshelf, but the cover was ugly so I didn't bother. Is it any good? And when you answer, give another three examples of books that you consider to be good, just so I know how much of an idiot you are in advance.
Ever heard the quote - 'Don't judge a book by its cover' - ??? SO relevant to what you said!

persephone

HSC
I have the movie-tie-in book cover...so I don't know what the other book cover looks like. It can't be that bad. I have bad book cover versions of 3 Jane Austen books but it doesn't mean what's inside is crap.

kaylz

HSC
Ellie-Bee said:
Ever heard the quote - 'Don't judge a book by its cover' - ??? SO relevant to what you said!
Boy, aren't you clever. It's not like I was being ironic or anything.

Ellie-Bee

HSC
i thought the movie was good. but a little mis-cast. some of the actors were all wrong (i thought) for the characters. i haven't seen the movie since i've read the book so i'm gonna get it out again! did u like the movie?

persephone

HSC
yeah, Henry Thomas (the little boy from ET) was Simon (I think)...seriously miscast. Not as handsome as I thought Simon (is it Simon or Neil?) to be.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
kaylz said:
Boy, aren't you clever. It's not like I was being ironic or anything.
you're an ass. Stop trying to be dry and witty, you can't pull it off. Just give a straight answer to a question, please.

Ellie, I have to get a copy of that book offa ya, but I'd prefer Housemeeting, please. :p

kaylz

HSC
Thanks, buttplug. Although it seems that there are a few people that approve, judging by my rep comments and all...

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I read it a few years ago and loved it!
The movie was good, but not great. But I guess the books are nearly always better so it's not too suprising.

Ellie-Bee

HSC
Logain said:
you're an ass. Stop trying to be dry and witty, you can't pull it off. Just give a straight answer to a question, please.

Ellie, I have to get a copy of that book offa ya, but I'd prefer Housemeeting, please. :p

i think i love you will. :D

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
I read "I capture the Castle' a few years ago- I didn't really like it.. its still on a shelf somewhere in my room- i just didn't really get into it.. the whole old english style of litrature.. like persephone said- kinda like Pride and Prejudice..the same style ..

persephone

HSC
I didn't like Rose much at all. She should have ended up alone and miserable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)