• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

i feel soo dumb (2 Viewers)

7th Sign

HSC
well i dropped from 2 unit to general math in 2 unit i was getting like 30 % and what not but then i dropped to general i missed a subject and we had a test the other day and i got 45% like wtf man thats soo shit :( im soo pissed off well any way it was wort 5% of my hsc aswell some im pretty pissed off....:( any one else stuff up as bad as me :( i bet not

elisabeth

HSC
Don't get yourself down like that. I moved from 2U to general the week before the exam... luckily I was fine, but my maths teacher says people don't usually get what they're capable of at first, because it's a big transition. Sometimes they're cocky and reckon you can do ace without working - not saying you did that though.

Anywho. You've messed up - but find out what you did and make sure you don't do it next time when it's worth more.

I choose to look at it this way - I could've dropped 2U for year 12 and done no maths, or I could move to general, work hard and do really well. I know which is better for my UAI.

Stick with it, tell yourself you're smart and you can do it - once you're used to the move and stop seeing yourself as a dummy, you'll do well, I betcha.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i did the same thing. first test i did after dropping to general i got 30% but now.. that ive been in the class and now that i know they study some different things.. im all good :) trust me, the next test u will blitz it

7th Sign

HSC
i was hell cocky ... but like 4 mates dropped from 2 unit with me and every one failed .....man i was trying to make the questions to hard i just like stuffed it up hard core walked in thinking this is going to be easy as and it wasnt...but only like 12 people passed in the year so i think i did ok...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
thats wat i was liike, and then wen i got the test i was trying to make the solutions harder to prove than they really were... i stuffed up big time on mine.

but its hella easy now :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmmm.. calm down i dropped to general second term and had to catch up over a years work! but yeah just do heaps of studying with the past topics and the ones you are working through now. Im sure you will be able to manage.

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
hey don't worry, we all have our strengths and weaknesses. its not relly so much the marks you got, but how you got compared to everyone else. and even if you did do crap compared to everyone else, it doesn't matter as long as you're willing to put in the time and effort into improving. there are heaps of people who drop down on maths courses [and heaps who just choose not to do it at all], but you mainly jsut hear about everyone's good achievements.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
i dropped from 3unit to 2unit...........even though i was gettin in my 80's in 3unit........but i just couldnt be bothered working for the marks anymore.........i really regret doing that now......... :(

Numero Uno

HSC
joujou_84 said:
i dropped from 3unit to 2unit...........even though i was gettin in my 80's in 3unit........but i just couldnt be bothered working for the marks anymore.........i really regret doing that now......... :(
yeah same here i was doing legal studies and i ended up getting in the 90's got ranked 4th in my school

and.. well i dropped it cause it involved to much english essay writing u know all the bs :)

and now i have more time for my other subjects and i think it was a great move :)

69^boi

HSC
N/A
i remember 2unit ppl dropping down to my class, all acting high n mighty -' oh dam gen maths is sooo ezy.....fukn hell'' hope dont any of u act cocky

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Eight said:
well i dropped from 2 unit to general math in 2 unit i was getting like 30 % and what not but then i dropped to general i missed a subject and we had a test the other day and i got 45% like wtf man thats soo shit :( im soo pissed off well any way it was wort 5% of my hsc aswell some im pretty pissed off....:( any one else stuff up as bad as me :( i bet not

youll be fine. just try hard to catch up. in 2u i had a really bad day for one of our assessments and got 50%. only worth 10% of school assessment. youll be right. my school assessment ended up being 90. not a big deal, just do some practice and try and build back some confidence.
btw what do you expect if you missed the topic? alot of people would have suffered the same way

sNiPeR_24

Fo' shizzle
HSC
The type of work you learn in Mathematics and the stuff you learn in General Mathematics are two very different things.

It is to be expected that if you drop down you will find it hard to catch up on the work you've missed but with a consistent effort and asking for help when you need it, you shouldn't have too many problems :)

Plus the fact that the topics we're studying at the moment in General (data sets) is pathetically easy.

Scanorama

HSC
Don't worry about it, if you stuff it up, fuck it, it has happened and nothing can change it. No matter what you do, the mark stays the same.

Study hard and catch up with the class. It is not unusual if you find the first assessment hard after you dropped from 2U. The style of the questions and the stuff they teach in Gerenal are very different to what you get used to in 2U. Once you get on the track with General, you will pass the test with flying colour. I got an average mark in the year of my first assessment when I first dropped down to General, it worthed 10% of the HSC mark. But every assessments after that, I came first of the year except for one.

5% is really nothing, 2.5% of your actual HSC mark. (50% internal assessment + 50% external HSC exam). If you work hard and get a good mark in general, it will drag your UAI up, it certainly dragged mine up heaps. Hope this helps :)

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
Eight said:
*there there* most of the ppl in my gen maths class, did advanced maths from yrs 7-10. all maths is hard. they do expect u to learn alot of content, and how they phrase things can be really confusing. anywho do all ur h/w when u get it and u'll improve.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
eight u should be fine-if it was onli worth 5% what u worrying bout
the same thing happened 2 friends of mine who dropped down from 2 unit at my skool

i ended up staying in 2 unit after wanting 2 drop 2 general
i have an assessment for 2 unit in bout 3 weeks
that will show me whether i SHOULD have dropped or not
my 1st assessment i failed and got like 48% for 2 unit and that was worth 15%!!! :mad:

Scanorama

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
my 1st assessment i failed and got like 48% for 2 unit and that was worth 15%!!! :mad:
What was the class average? If everyone are around your mark, then there's nothing to worry about, the mark will get scale up.

goan_crazy

HSC
Gough Whitlam said:
What was the class average? If everyone are around your mark, then there's nothing to worry about, the mark will get scale up.
nah actually some of the 3 unit ppl who dropped down got over 85%
so i did pretty poorly for that :(
but yea series and sequences and logs test in 2 weeks
wish me luck ;)

*SHeLL!*

HSC
HEY i did the same thing.... tha boyz in my class that thought they would ace the exam... they got shut down HARD CORE! yeh it was hard at first and its still a little now! but its betta than bein a 2 unit struggler! ;)

goan_crazy

HSC
*SHeLL!* said:
HEY i did the same thing.... tha boyz in my class that thought they would ace the exam... they got shut down HARD CORE! yeh it was hard at first and its still a little now! but its betta than bein a 2 unit struggler! ;)
thats me...a 2 unit struggler...
grr.. :eek:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
thats me...a 2 unit struggler...
grr.. :eek:
i was once a 2 unit struggler.. and now im a general maths bum with a teacher who herself doesnt know how to do home loans and credit cards.. let alone my class.. we've been on strike for a few days now.. slowly trying to teach ourselves but getting nowhere...

honestly joe, if u wanna get out of 2 unit u better do it fast, because i doubt there will be much time left before the cut off... if u think u will ultimately ace the general test (which btw, isnt as easy as 2 unit think it is) then go for ur life. its ur decision, but id make it quickly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)