i have a question about getting to know people at uni (1 Viewer)

HSC
so basically i have had some friendship issues over the last year and have found myself quite isolated (in part my fault as I isolated myself due to the issues) now I am realising that I have basically no close friends for once I leave high school, and because I moved from England right before covid, I have no friends outside of school. will this be an issue for me (an extrovert) at uni? how is it to meet people at uni now that a lot of stuff is online?

I'm really worried that ill just end up feeling even more lonely than I am now.

thanks for reading

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Making friends at uni is way easier than making friends at school and you will definitely make friends, such as people from ur tutorial classes or from clubs/societies since those ppl are the ones u share an interest with

Most of ur friends will probs be from ur tutorial classes i guess since u see them more often

I actually haven’t made proper friends at uni yet (and I also don’t talk to anyone from my old school) since I never joined any events and in my course everyone already had their friend groups so I’m just relying on my clubs/societies now but yea Dw u will make friends

wollongong warrior

HSC
Yea, making friends is surprisingly easy (especially so in the first sem/trimester)
Just go up to people in your tuts, lectures, labs, go "wsg bro" every time you see them and you'll become friends after like 2 encounters
Joining subcom for a society is also helps you get a friend group since you'll talk to the same people every week or so
And since uni isn't small like highschool, if things don't work out, you can just move on and find new people lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)