:( I have difficulties of choosing my degree.... (1 Viewer)

fiona_ofc

HSC
So... this is my case....
My atar is not that bad i got 75+, I am also a music 2+extention student which unis don't really look at my atar they just want my qualifications on performance and my music mark....

So, :spzz: should I choose music or other courses instead?????

Feeling lost please gimme some advice!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
All you have to do now is lodge your application form with UAC. You are free to edit your preferences up until January next year. So you have plenty of time to decide which courses to pick.

izzy88

HSC
Do you want to study music at university? Do you want to make a career out of music (composing or performer)?

If that isn't what you are interested in, what else do you like? What other subjects have you done in HSC? If you want to continue music just for interest, but study something else, there are always lots of musical groups at university for those who don't want a career out of it but just want to keep playing/singing etc.

I think you need to think about what you want to do/are interested in. It is very difficult for anyone to give advice with the information you have posted.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
My friend is similar to you (except she'll get a higher ATAR, no offence).

She's going to do Music studies/arts with a major in Communication or Media, in the hope that she'll be able to 'write about music'

Sounds like a good idea to me (she's good at English) but it depends on your areas of interest.

The traditional route for Music though is to combine with education (but with the change in the curriculum in the future it's probably not a good idea at all)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)