I need a belonging story pleeeaaaseee!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaiH

HSC
hey guys, would anyone be kind and considerate enough to give me a short creative story you used for your hsc? thanks heaps!

imnotwallace

HSC
Actually, any story people post up here will no longer be usable in the HSC. The Bored of Studies forum is probably one of the goto checks for plagiarism. Just a warning before you swipe any story that comes up here.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
while you're at it can someone give me some ideas for a creative writing?

imnotwallace

HSC
There are some tips I've heard over the last two years though:
Have 1 or 2 main characters
Focus on a concept of belonging. (e.g. A connection to others develops a sense of belonging. A connection to the wider world is important for a sense of belonging. Belonging can create barriers between groups. etc.)
Relate the story to something you know. (Stories in fantastical settings are usually inspired by hollywood, anime, soap operas etc. and therefore cliche. Also, sci-fi and fantasy stories generally take too long to establish the setting. Subjects like death and grief should be avoided because its unlikely that a 16 - 18 year old student can express serious themes like these properly with pen and paper.)
Make the story actually progress somewhere. Don't get carried away with description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)