I need help... (1 Viewer)

Avengelion

HSC
Guys, these are my rankings 32/57 adv eng, 10/61 ext 1 maths, 7/24 ext 2 maths, 11/60 bio and 3/56 chem.
I really want to get a 97 uai to get into med school, but I'm not sure if these rankings are going to get me up there. I'm not looking at university course transfer nor I am looking for post graduate but I am REALLY REALLY desperate to get in.
I'm not sure if I should repeat year 12, but its really hurting me to think of having to walk that long road all over again.
Can anyone give me some out of heart advice?

ps. Please assume I do really well in the actual HSC exam.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
dont repeat yr 12....its not really worth it.
If you want to do te course you really want, but dont have the marks to get in, then you really must think about transferring mid degree or post grad.
Your ranks aernt that good to get 97+ unfortunately. Do you go to a selective school, because if you do, youre in with a chance. English is going to screw you up big time if you dont work hard. Your other subjects are fine, and you must do well in maths ext 2 in order to boost your UAI.

youre definitely on target for 90+, but whether or not you can get 97+, then its up to you and your cohort and how well you guys do.

Avengelion

HSC
Thank you for the advice.
Unfortunatley I don't go to a selective school; duno if you heard of it but I go to carlingford high. It came 60th in the state last year.
I asked my careers adviser today, and he said that I definetly have a chance to get 97, but I'm still not quite sure...
But I mean, the school ranks can't determine everything can they? Isn't the actual hsc the one that determines your rank in the entire state? If I do really well, is there still a chance?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
the school rank determines how good your cohort is as a whole. If youre school is ranked 60th then its pretty good in comparison to the rest of the state, so provided your school stays around there, then you should get scaled up.
if you do really well then i dont see why you cant get 97. Like i said, english is probably the only subject thats standing between you and your 97.

Avengelion

HSC
Thanks alot Jemsta, I think alot of people would appreciate you helping around in so many threads, at least now I have some hope that I will get my goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)