• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I need some subjects to do. (1 Viewer)

iwannarock

HSC
ok so i've enrolled in 6 subjects and i need 2 more.

i don't know which ones to do. because of my arts degree i can do anything really.

i don't wanna do the usual random philosophy course i usually do. i need something with very little pre-requisites that i could just do as a one off. i just need something interesting. maybe psychology or something.

anyone recommend anything?

X

xeuyrawp

iwannarock said:
ok so i've enrolled in 6 subjects and i need 2 more.

i don't know which ones to do. because of my arts degree i can do anything really.

i don't wanna do the usual random philosophy course i usually do. i need something with very little pre-requisites that i could just do as a one off. i just need something interesting. maybe psychology or something.

anyone recommend anything?
First sem: HIST112...

Don't do any of the ENGL units, ENGL106 almost killed me. Didn't you... Didn't you!?! *shakes fist*

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Maybe one of the anthropology units. I've heard good things about:

ANTH106 - Drugs Across Cultures
ANTH150 - Identity and Difference: Introduction to Anthropology
ANTH276 - Culture, Myth and Symbolism

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
First sem: HIST112...

Don't do any of the ENGL units, ENGL106 almost killed me. Didn't you... Didn't you!?! *shakes fist*
Agreed. ENGL120 is dead boring. It's passable if you have a friend with you in one of the back rows to share Kinder Suprises (and the toys inside them) with during lectures :uh huh:

Orange Juice said:
accounting is fun.
*chokes*

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
did you do any 200 level ones? it got pretty interesting... i cant wait for the 300 levels... baby im more excited than big k

rip big fella

X

xeuyrawp

I'd go for an AHST, HIST, SOC, ANTH, or CUL subject. :) They should be a bit more refreshing.

I hear that a marketing unit is also fun...

Phanatic

HSC
GoodToGo said:
Maybe one of the anthropology units. I've heard good things about:

ANTH106 - Drugs Across Cultures
ANTH150 - Identity and Difference: Introduction to Anthropology
ANTH276 - Culture, Myth and Symbolism
ANTH150 was not so good when I did it in 2002. It's pretty incoherent, with something different every week. I thought they tried to cover too much. I suppose it was interesting, but I like a bit of consistency in my courses. Then again, most first year courses are a mish-mash of topics.

I didn't do ANTH106, but quite a few friends did and they enjoyed it.

iwannarock

HSC
thanks everyone, i'm reading all the little descriptions of the courses you guys mentioned.

they make everything sound interesting in the hand guide.

i'd like to do the history ones because i'd probably find them interesting. but i never did history in school or anything. i might find it tough.

i don't care about doing well in these i'm not doing these to get good marks.......but i sure wouldn't wanna do some subjects for interest and then fail them.:(

HSC
N/A
MKTG101 is both fun, and easy to do well in (I came in with NO business background whatsoever, and scored an easy C for my final mark. Got D's and HD's for all the hand-in assessments, too).

ARTS100 has been my favourite subject so far, however I guess it's advisable to have an interest in the creative arts if you want to ensure a pass.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
No question to it - do ANTH106, Drugs Across Culture. Its an amazing unit, well, it was when Dr. Cohen was doing it, but the new girl is really quite cool too, she was a guest lecturer when I was doing it in 2004.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I don't know about subjects

And you have probably thought about this, but in case you have forgotten, have you definitely satisfied requirements at each of the levels? Straight arts says:

Maximum number of credit points at 100 level: 30
Minimum number of credit points at 300 level or above: 18
http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/degree.php?edition=2006&id=21034

Last edited:

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
I quite enjoyed ling109. It was a fun and easy unit and I quite enjoyed it. The lecturers in the unit were also quite good too. The assignments/exam weren't that hard... and the unit consisted of one lecture per week, rather than two, which is quite good when you're a full time student. So yeh, I think you might enjoy this unit too.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
I don't know about subjects

And you have probably thought about this, but in case you have forgotten, have you definitely satisfied requirements at each of the levels? Straight arts says:

Maximum number of credit points at 100 level: 30
Minimum number of credit points at 300 level or above: 18
Haha, ive broken the rule of Maximum cp @ 100 level :p i think im on 38 or something haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)