I screwed up my diploma (1 Viewer)

RedZone

HSC
I am doing accounting diploma, i wanted to get into UTS or MQ.

till cert 4 i had all distinctions except credit for law. Diploma stage i screwed up because the study load suddenly shot through the roof (now i know how to better manage time, but too late already this semester), i dont think i will get good marks this time if anything mostly passes and i already dropped evaluation management. Atm i am thinking of doing any failed subjects evening next semester and doing a pathway course daytime to get into uni.

Should i do the HSC or TPC?

i find there is no point going to UWS if i am going to spend few years trying to graduate from uni. Might as well try and graduate from uts or mq.

Any advice will be generously appreciated, i think hsc will be good idea but i guess it may also be a risk not worth taking. how about insearch?? any ideas?? i am 24 btw :( so i am short on time, i want to finish studies by 28! want to move out again, been almost 2 years moving back home

blerkles

HSC
N/A
Why not do a Bach of Accounting with UniSA through Open Uni Aust - www.open.edu.au - by distance? It's CPA/CA/NIA approved. You might get some credit for the work you have already done but you'd have to ask - usually the accreditation organisations put restrictions on RPL.

You can fast track it (OUA have 4 units per Study Period, they have 4 Study Periods a year) which if you wangle the pre-req's right, can be done in 1.5 - 2years or you can take up to 10 years if you want. Even if you do a couple of units (throw it on Fee-help) then transfer to an on-campus one - you will then be able to prove you are capable of doing uni level work, by doing.... uni level work!

I don't think re-doing the HSC will help. All is does is get you a pretty number - that's it. Uni work is different to HSC (and different to TAFE work, once again) and so even if you get a fabulous score, it still means bubkiss in terms of measuring your ability at uni.

By the way, if doing TAFE, you can co-enrol with OTEN (some with local TAFE, some directly by distance with OTEN) if you want to re-do some Diploma subjects but can't go to class (i.e. get paid employment).

Just my thoughts...

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Can you just redo the subjects that you've screwed up in the new year and couple it with paid employment? A couple of people I knew when I was at TAFE came back the next year to repeat their failed subjects - saves starting something new. Or take a couple of subjects through Open Uni, or UWS and then transfer with a good GPA?

sharon8h

HSC
I'm doing the accounting diploma this year and I applied to UOW. I did my HSC in 94, Cert 4 in 2002, and this year picked where I left off. I was accepted to uni on the condition that I finish the diploma and provide the results to UOW. I didn't need to do the TPC. I was under the impression that the TPC was helpful if you haven't studied for a while, and since you're studying this year you could apply to uni as a mature aged student.

slehane

HSC
UTS requests a personal statement so in that explain the workload, students have gotten in even though they failed a subject but they did the subject over and passed, as long as you can explain your case it won't matter too much, helps if you get a reference from a teacher too just saying you are hard working etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)