i suck! (1 Viewer)

beccy87

hey everyone, ive got my food tech half yearly tomorrow :( it doesnt go towards anything, but i was just trying to study and ive realised, i know nothing!! my class is the biggest bludge, i luv my teacher, but she doesn't tech us anything, all she does is read from the text book and no body listens, i think i need a more effective way of learning, because its getting really bad! i know its mostly my fault for not listening, but its justs sssooooooooooo boring!! how can i learn everything in detail for my hsc??plz help

da_butterfree

HSC
N/A
i think u shud look at the excell notes but dont really rely on it.. its the briefest and the most summarised info on food tech. most probably u shall have the first two chapters for the half yearlies... so i m sorry to say but u will have to read uer text atleast for the most basic knowledge.. and remember, for every single thing u rite in the exams.. give an example... from bakeries to multinationals to fisheries... put examples for absolutely everything. remembre uer preservation principles and associate it with different food products.. eg. fermentation = beer making.; freezing = icecream. etc.

make flow charts and know all the symbols. and make charts and diagrams to make things easier to learn. use colour coding.. but for all this, u'll have to read the text.

good luck.

beccy87

thanx heaps, the exam wasn't to bad, im gonna start studying 4 food tech for the hsc now!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Easy: Listen.

You desperately wan't to go well, yet you admit that it's your fault for not listening. Well if it's so boring that you can't listen no matter how hard you try, you might aswell drop the subject, or study at home from the textbook. Otherwise, start listening.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yes, teaching yourself at home (better yet - in a library!) is a very good option. If you know what the teacher is teaching and where it's coming from then there's no real point in rocking up. Use the textbook, do the exercises, practise ex-HSC papers and you should be A-OK!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
actually, u should make an appearance in class to staisfactorily complete the hours. u can teach urself but u also have to show up at least 50% of the time!!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
If you're coming first the teacher and school won't give two shits if you're there or not as long as your marks/ranks are fantastic (all the time) and you're going to make the school look brilliant come HSC results time.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
ahhh, yes thats what i thought but legally, they are repsonsible for u or some shit and apparently, since i have been incessantly skipping eco, i am now put down in the school records as being of "low risk" ROFL i couldnt believe it when i heard it! :rofl:

so yeah, doesnt work that way unfortunately ziff :(

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sarah168
ahhh, yes thats what i thought but legally, they are repsonsible for u or some shit and apparently, since i have been incessantly skipping eco, i am now put down in the school records as being of "low risk" ROFL i couldnt believe it when i heard it! :rofl:

so yeah, doesnt work that way unfortunately ziff :(
That's silly! Lol, I swear that my school "makes sure" my absenses aren't as bad as they really are and therefore are as you say being "responsible" for me ;)

Nah, seriously, I think that I've had way more days off than the school has recorded. This happened in year 10 and 11 as well. Who cares, I'll be in Uni soon where all that will matter is if I pass or fail my course :p

I might FOI my school records for the hell of it soon. How do you know you're "low risk"? What does that mean!? :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i know im low risk cos my yr advisor told me im low risk! i have no fucking idea what that means but its along the lines of a warning and making sure my teachers watch out for my "bad girl" habits...what a joke :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)