I.T = bad uai or not? (1 Viewer)

annaisbored

HSC
hey guys :)
A noob here :D

I'm feeling rather insecure about my subjects.

advanced english + extension english I
maths (2 unit)
SOR 1U
chemistry
biology

as well as Information technology.

Do you think I should eventually drop the subject?
Would it be able to pull my other subjects down = thus a bad uai ?
Also, is it too risky having 10 units only for the hsc?

Thanks in advanceee!

savio23q

Band
HSC
Wouldnt just not count if you did poorly in it? They take the 10 most beneficial units to count towards your UAI.

Also, there's no need to feel insecure about your subjects. Your aim is 91.30, which can be easily achieved with your subjects. Just coz you're not doing obscure, high scaling subjects doesn't mean you're not capable of a 90+.

kangms

HSC
If ur good at it and like it, keep it. Otherwise, unless you think ur gonna get 85+, drop it. I kept it cause Certificate 2 in IT looked good on my resume (even though it doesn't mean shit, it still looks better than the other ppl who's got nothing)

claireyyy

HSC
N/A
The impression ive been given by my teachers is that it does scale lower than most other subjects however they are not willing to say it out loud coz they believe you should do wat ever your good at coz tht will boost ur uai.

On a similar note does anyone know if you can drop i.t. but still get the certificate before you drop the subject?

I dont see why not if you can prove to a teacher or someone of importance that you have achieved all of the courses outcomes

missLeane

HSC
Its currently placed as a Category B subject, so my deputy told me, the higher you achieve in it, it's more beneficial towards your final ATAR. If you do bad in it, it'll most likely scale you down.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Keep it if you like it and/or are doing extremely well in it. Otherwise consider dropping it, especially if it takes up a lot your time.

If you don't mind IT and it DOESN'T take up time then why not keep it as a back up unit?

Yes it scales like crap but the better you do, the less you'll be scaled down.

No, doing 10s isn't bad. Of course you'd have no safety net but if you use the extra wisely you shouldn't need back up units anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)