I think i stuffed up section 2!!! (1 Viewer)

Gosford

HSC
How close to a journey does it have to be...?
my story was about some crazy kid who hated a classmate. The classmate was "every1 chats to him" (or something like that)
i wrote about how and why he hates him... then he started to like him...
I just realised this morning that wasnt a journey like my earlier ones, could this be an inner journey (it ended with him turning from sad to happy)
thanx for any feedback, im really fretting
ps. how much would they mark you down if you dont talk about it!

NovaAesa

HSC
Yes, that sounds like an inner journey to me. Remember that in Q1 and 2, you don't have to worry about which focus your class did so answers from these can be concerning either/all 3 types of journeys.

IMTB

HSC
yeh that could be an inner journey...dw. its over. move on :D focus on mod or something :p

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Not really anything you can do about it now, what's done is done.

Just move onto your study for your next exam.

We would only be guessing saying if we thought it meets the criteria or not.

Gosford

HSC
hmmm... cool
im feeling a little bit better
thanx people!
ps. im standard... i dunno why i love inner journeys sooo much!

Gosford

HSC
pritnep said:
We would only be guessing saying if we thought it meets the criteria or not.
Ofcourse i understand that... but it is good to see wat other people think.
I will never know how i went, and i am fine with that... i just wanted to see if i was overeacting...which i think i am
thanx

jbai

HSC
Gosford said:
i wrote about how and why he hates him... then he started to like him...

ps. how much would they mark you down if you dont talk about it!
Last time i checked if you move, breath, or eat it counts as a journey.

Your character changed in any way, it's a journey.

They mark on 'how' you write, not 'what'. You can talk about a sausage but as long as you use vivid imagery and 4-syllabal words it'll still be a good journey

Äj

HSC
lol, i wouldnt worry about it now anyway. besides, i screwed it up way more than you, i ran out of time cause i spent way to long on section3. then it took me a min or 2 to come up with a story. and i only ended up getting 1/2 a page done, without even getting to atleast show how the journey would have occured.. and i could not have come up with a poem with my adrenaline crazed mine in the last 1/2 hr anyway. so there was no chance of me writing something short.
i always do that though, i always try to put to much detail into my stories and when its supposed to be done in 40 mins i dont really have that luxury. lol... its always good to plan some beforehand too incase you did what i did and ran out of time royally, so that way you can just adapt instead of coming up with one on the spot :p

jkun23

HSC
N/A
um, my brother done this same thing in paper 2006 and didnt relate to the question clearly enough to a journey and his expaected mark of 85 turned into a 70. hope the markers dont smash you...best of luck but i dont like your chances

jkun23

HSC
N/A
um i think if you refer to the criteria and feedback you will see that this section is about the way you are able to convey your understanding of a journey. your writing skill is only a bonus for you dum retards.

ashleypage

HSC
jkun23 said:
um, my brother done this same thing in paper 2006 and didnt relate to the question clearly enough to a journey and his expaected mark of 85 turned into a 70. hope the markers dont smash you...best of luck but i dont like your chances
Hi there massive exaggeration.

OP, you'll be fine, some of the top band responses we read in class you could hardly pick the journey, it just has to be written well.

Don't fret =]

ashleypage

HSC
jkun23 said:
um i think if you refer to the criteria and feedback you will see that this section is about the way you are able to convey your understanding of a journey. your writing skill is only a bonus for you dum retards.
Currently referring to the marking criteria for the 2007 CSSA Trial English Paper 1 Section 2:

• Demonstrates a perceptive understanding of the concept of journey
  • Shows a highly developed ability to use stylistic devices with precision, originality and flair; uses language features appropriate to the text type
  • Demonstrates a sophisticated ability to draw upon the imagination to transform ideas into text
  • Demonstrates sophisticated control of language
So, THREE QUARTERS of the criteria refer to writing ability, and not understanding of journey. Wow, I'm really glad YOU checked the criteria before making such a statement.

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
ashleypage said:
So, THREE QUARTERS of the criteria refer to writing ability, and not understanding of journey. Wow, I'm really glad YOU checked the criteria before making such a statement.
Hahahaha gg.

:rofl:

Gosford

HSC
thanx guys for positive reinforcement... I will never know i aced section 2 or not anyway!
but thanx for that for the marking criteria! Good luck with exams

enzyme

HSC
LOL at jkun23.
I love you ashleypage.
And Gosford, I think you'll be fine, as everyone is saying. It's definitely an inner journey, and the markers will see that. Does your name refer to your school, by the way? I go to Gosford.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)