• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I Urgently need YOU to help me! (1 Viewer)

chwiggy909

HSC
Ok, so my first term of year 12 went horrible for english. I now have to do a speech that is worth 20% of my HSC mark. For this speech i need to

# Imagine you are presenting a speech to a group of fellow HSC school students who have yet to begin their study of ‘physical journey’ in the area of study. Use your speech to demonstrate the main issues involved in physical journeys and discuss how several composers have achieved this focus in their texts. You must refer to prescribed text– RAW by Scott Monk, one selected text from your prescribed booklet and two other texts including your collected related text of ‘an image.’

# The speech needs to 5-9 minutes.

I have to do the following in my speech:

1# Demonstrates understanding of ‘physical journeys’ in all chosen texts ( Im Lost)
2# Refer in detail to the texts you have chosen ( Im Lost )
3# Balanced discussion of texts ( I can balance if i knew what to balance )
4# Explain how the language/ techniques of the chosen text shape their meaning ( I dont understand )
5# Sense of audience and purpose throughout speech ( Understood - i think? )
6# Structure of speech ( Understood - i think? )
7# Uses sophisticated ideas and language ( Clueless )
8# Uses speaking conventions to engage the audience: pace, tone, eye contact, gesture, stance and pause. ( Got this covered. )

I am here to personaly ask someone here to help me write this up, not do it for me but aide me in completing this task. I recognise that im asking alot for someone to help me out, using up their time but im realy tripping about this assessment. So if you can drop me an email - add me to instant messenger - or reply here please :) Thanks.

- In advanced Thanks to anyone who is able to help me out and those who reply to this post, anyone who wishes to abuse me or leave comments that do not relate or are not nessecary please dont post because i dont need anything else to stress me out.

- Thanks. Chwiggy

- PS. my msn contact is chwiggy @ hotmail.com / Chwiggy@hotmail.com
(i put spaces for people who havent registered but can help :) Thanks again)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I don't know any of the texts you study so I'll write up some templates. lol welcome to bos

1# Demonstrates understanding of ‘physical journeys’ in all chosen texts ( Im Lost)

This person embarks on a journey to self-understanding ...

2# Refer in detail to the texts you have chosen ( Im Lost )

Use quotes ! e.g "Travel, change, interest, excitement !", as Toad shapes the meaning of a physical journey in a positive way.

3# Balanced discussion of texts ( I can balance if i knew what to balance )

Your main text should form about 4.5 minutes, while your other texts must form 1.5 minutes each, adjust it to your needs.
Don't just mention the main text all the way and mention only one sentence about your prescribed and mention two words about your other two texts.

Fill a palm card with your other texts, one and a half will be more than enough.

4# Explain how the language/ techniques of the chosen text shape their meaning ( I dont understand )

"The author uses metaphor demonstrate the importance of a journey"

Technique analysis !!!

5# Sense of audience and purpose throughout speech ( Understood - i think? )

If it is a physical journey with a positive ending, don't talk in a sombre mood.

6# Structure of speech ( Understood - i think? )

When you start, don't read "Good morning Miss Listener", because I'm sure you have the capability of remembering that ?
After the greetings and all, then you may occasionally have a quick glance. Just try to remember your speech.

Don't make them double-sided unless you are confident the cards won't fall out and screw you up and your marks when you attempt to flip over when you have a handful of cards.

7# Uses sophisticated ideas and language ( Clueless )

Ah this is the hard part, I would say "This person's journey influences the reader on the journeys we embark upon", what do others think of this person's journey ?

Good vocabulary will definitely help.

Asking the listener rhetorical questions was a way I would have dealt with this section if it was asked in my speech. You know what rhetorical questions are don't you?

8# Uses speaking conventions to engage the audience: pace, tone, eye contact, gesture, stance and pause. ( Got this covered. )

I focused more on the two teachers who were marking me than my cards (IMPORTANT!), as I spoke and my arms were slowly shaking. But I got through.

In the end I got 16/20 ... lol this was last year in my yearlies where i had to produce a speech.
having speeches as your first hsc english assessment sucks, im having an assessable one during the trial hsc.

now that should give you a head start, it took me 4 hours to concoct my speech, and lol the good thing about speeches is you can leave it to the night before as long as you got nothin else in your way.

Edit and read your speech before it is due.
If you got no-one available or interested to read to, just read out loud to the table in front of you as though the real listeners are there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)