I want to learn how to speak vietnamese . help plz (1 Viewer)

v sia

HSC
The subject speaks for itself . Basically i just want to learn , but i dunno where to start , and i have no 1 to teach me .

Does anyone know any websites or free downloadable software that can help ??

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i think in ur local library they should have kits to learn to speak lots of languages.. they have a couple of tapes and booklets to follow along
there isnt much free software these days.. alot of the time when i search for learn language things i just find where u can buy tapes and things

felafel

why vietnamese? out of curiousity?

i say that french and italian are maaaddd languages to learn.

(so you can understand THE GODFATHER, for one!)

v sia

HSC
basically cause of my area , mainly viets , i really hate it when i walk down the street and all i hear is foreign language , i want to actually understand them

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i'm viet. i wish i wasnt viet though :eek: yes, but why viet? just because everyone talk viet around you, doesnt mean you want to be fobs like them. i can tell you now, the people who speak viet at your school are FOBS. IIt annoys me when people speak their own foreign language in front of you-especially at school. Not only is it rude, but we're in Australia and we're doing our work in english-not some foreign language.

felafel

Originally posted by kimmeh
IIt annoys me when people speak their own foreign language in front of you-especially at school. Not only is it rude, but we're in Australia and we're doing our work in english-not some foreign language.
hear hear!

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
i'm viet. i wish i wasnt viet though :eek: yes, but why viet? just because everyone talk viet around you, doesnt mean you want to be fobs like them. i can tell you now, the people who speak viet at your school are FOBS. IIt annoys me when people speak their own foreign language in front of you-especially at school. Not only is it rude, but we're in Australia and we're doing our work in english-not some foreign language.
DU MA! :D Fobs are funny as hell though (to laugh at that is). Its not the fact that they speak viet, but rather their attitude. Most act all hard and swear as if there was no tomorrow.

Wohzazz

HSC
IIt annoys me when people speak their own foreign language in front of you-especially at school. Not only is it rude, but we're in Australia and we're doing our work in english-not some foreign language.
Yeah i know what you mean. It is even more embarrassing if you know what they are saying because you can't ignore it. Was at tutor once when our teacher was subject to this. He looked clueless

olay

HSC
Originally posted by Wohzazz
Yeah i know what you mean. It is even more embarrassing if you know what they are saying because you can't ignore it. Was at tutor once when our teacher was subject to this. He looked clueless
nah i'd prefer to know... then speak back at them in that language :p rock them to shaaame. :p

i know basic vietnamese... i can comprehend better than i can speak - mainly cos i hate the sound of it :) its weird, my 4 sibs were brought up to learn vietnamese as their second language, but for me it was cantonese. but last yr i began working in a vietnamese restaurant, where the staff all speak vietnamese to eachother :S which sucked, but improved my speaking. so i'm pro learning other languages - it is one mighty useful tool :)

if you're uber dedicated, i know there are vietnamese schools around on a saturday or sunday....they usually go for bout 4 hrs. i used to go to a mandarin one.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
basically cause of my area , mainly viets , i really hate it when i walk down the street and all i hear is foreign language , i want to actually understand them
someone lives in bankstown ;)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by olay

i know basic vietnamese... i can comprehend better than i can speak - mainly cos i hate the sound of it :) its weird, my 4 sibs were brought up to learn vietnamese as their second language, but for me it was cantonese.
Really? I never knew you know canto :)

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
i used to go to viet classes on saturday when i was younger. I think they still have then in vietnamese dominant areas at the local schools. In bankstown its St Felix's, at Lakemba its Holy Spirit

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Why shun your asianness for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)