I want to transfer from UNSW commerce to USYD commerce mid year- is it possible? (2 Viewers)

jeann2014

HSC
I will have only done one semester but want to move to USYD as I live right next door and I'm not really liking UNSW.Will they just judge me on my ATAR? and can i get credit transferred?
Also, not sure if anyone would know this but would it be possible to do a subject at the winter school to catch up?
Thankyou

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Yes you can credit transfer and just give it a shot. You can always transfer at the end of the year. Only some units run in Winter and Summer School.

Good luck and all the best ~ :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
That ^^^ and yes they will take your atar

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

jeann2014

HSC
That ^^^ and yes they will take your atar

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk
thanks guys
So you think I can still apply for winter school 2014, even though I am starting semester 2? Atar was 97.5 by the way
hoping its competitve!

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Unfortunately there aren't any undergraduate Business school units offered in Winter School this year (except for FINC2011, which is a second year subject).

However, all of the first year business units are offered across both semesters, so it shouldn't be too difficult to catch up. What units have you done at UNSW?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
@jeann Tip: Get use to moving around the campus. :p Looking forward to more first year USyders. :D

Like Amleops said... Business units run through both semesters sometimes and units like MKTG will get credit transferred but fundamental units and some maths units are unlikely from what friends have told me coming from UNSW.

Edit: Oh and Winter School applications open around the end of semester... so I really don't know.

Last edited:

jeann2014

HSC
@jeann Tip: Get use to moving around the campus. :p Looking forward to more first year USyders. :D

Like Amleops said... Business units run through both semesters sometimes and units like MKTG will get credit transferred but fundamental units and some maths units are unlikely from what friends have told me coming from UNSW.

Edit: Oh and Winter School applications open around the end of semester... so I really don't know.
Ok I didn't mention I want to do comm arts because is like o study Japanese and also Asian studies. Japanese 1a which I would need is on winter school

Also why wouldn't they transfer microeconomics, accounting 1A and business and economic statistics from unsw? Is this semester a waste?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Ok I didn't mention I want to do comm arts because is like o study Japanese and also Asian studies. Japanese 1a which I would need is on winter school

Also why wouldn't they transfer microeconomics, accounting 1A and business and economic statistics from unsw? Is this semester a waste?
Maybe those units they will credit transfer. I am not 100% sure. The semester is not a waste. :/ Statistics at USyd for economics comes in two parts (two seperate units) however... is this the same at UNSW?

So you want to do Comm/Arts at USyd & you need Japanese 1A? Maybe they have a late application with Winter School but its just gonna have an out of pocket late fee so best to check up.

jeann2014

HSC
Maybe those units they will credit transfer. I am not 100% sure. The semester is not a waste. :/ Statistics at USyd for economics comes in two parts (two seperate units) however... is this the same at UNSW?

So you want to do Comm/Arts at USyd & you need Japanese 1A? Maybe they have a late application with Winter School but its just gonna have an out of pocket late fee so best to check up.
Oh I see thankyou ^^
:eek: Stats is just one course at UNSW ECON1203 . I just dont want to be at uni for more than five years...there so long already!

jeann2014

HSC
But if I apply for winter school before I actually receive my offer, will they still credit Jap1A to my degree when I do get accepted? :)

jeann2014

HSC
Can students from outside the University of Sydney apply?
Yes, we welcome any tertiary student enrolled at any Australian university or overseas university. Note you must meet the prerequisites for the unit of study for which you are enrolling.

You may also apply if you are not enrolled at a university but are eligible for admission to the relevant degree program for your unit of study.

GOT THIS FROM THE WEBSITE, but unsure exactly what it means

jeann2014

HSC
and do usyd usually offer the stats things (which I will probably have to redo) in summer school?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
So ECON1203 from UNSW maybe counted for one of the ECONs at USyd...

I understand. :) Also when you are successful be sure to read and understand the requirement for award (degree) and arts major and the business disciplines. There are limits to how many junior units you can do (these include your credit transferred units), prerequisites etc. Some units have their own referencing system etc but you'll be fine. :D

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
It does not apply to you that rule of prereqs for Winter School unless Japanese 1A has prereqs. It will be counted for your academic transcript in UNSW if eligible and can be counted towards your degree at USyd if successful in transferring. :)

Not too sure, Summer School subjects are taken off the site. :(

Sorry for any typos etc. getting a litte distracted LOLz.

Last edited:

jeann2014

HSC
It does not apply to you that rule of prereqs for Winter School unless Japanese 1A has prereqs. It will be counted for your academic transcript in UNSW if eligible and can be counted towards your degree at USyd if successful in transferring. :)

Not too sure, Summer School subjects are taken off the site. :(

Sorry for any typos etc. getting a litte distracted LOLz.
Thanks for your help :) Whats ANAT? Wow, so busy!
Technically I will be enrolled in USYD comemrce/arts before I start Jap 1A though, but not before applicaations close
I am only doing commerce, no arts at UNSW right now I can't count Japanese on my transcript so that won't be an option D:
Ah , I am stressed!

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your help :) Whats ANAT? Wow, so busy!
Technically I will be enrolled in USYD comemrce/arts before I start Jap 1A though, but not before applicaations close
I am only doing commerce, no arts at UNSW right now I can't count Japanese on my transcript so that won't be an option D:
Ah , I am stressed!
Ah! ANAT is Anatomy... That's third year for you (well technically I have done four years of uni). Ohhhh I get it now. Then Japanese 1A will be counted in USyd's Academic Transcript and you just bring UNSW's one along on enrolment day or anytime during the length of your degree to get the units you want credited if eligible. If you have any more Qs PM me or just email USyd. :)

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
With those subjects you've done at UNSW, you should get credit for BUSS1020, BUSS1030 and BUSS1040. So if you do BUSS1001 next semester and BUSS1002 first semester next year you should be able to get up to speed with minimal disruption.

And yeah, you should be fine to do Japanese at summer school. Applications open 12th May, and since you wouldn't be a current student at that stage, all you have to do is register for a TempID on the Summer School website. It may not appear on your USYD transcript if you haven't transferred yet, but applying for credit for that subject along with the three UNSW units you mentioned should sort that out.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Thanks for clearing that up Amleops. My days in commerce are far gone *shudders*. :)

If you have any problems just call USyd up in regards to Fee Help etc. for Winter School etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)