• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ideas that have been done to death... (3 Viewers)

Giant Lobster

HSC
Just a thought, if you base your work upon a theme or central idea that has been done in similar forms many times before, will markers subconsciously mark you down? I guess its understandable that they do... I just hope my idea hasnt been done many times before, but the sheer volume of information floating online regarding it isnt very promising :(

Giant Lobster

HSC
Of course hehe... I was thinking more along the lines of LOTR and simpsons, and similar contemporary "popular" works. :)

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
Of course hehe... I was thinking more along the lines of LOTR and simpsons, and similar contemporary "popular" works. :)
jacks (who occasionally appears around here) got a high 40's external mark doing 'lord of the rings'...she was worried about the originality thing too, but i think if you take a slightly different approach towards an overdone topic it can work for you...

Giant Lobster

HSC
That be hard though... but I see all these high external marks coming from ppl whose premise is on very obscure and specific topics. Hope i can come up with a specific goal soon

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Humour is your best friend.

English teachers are all communists. So satire is an even better friend.

Caffeine is your best friend :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
a psychoanalytical adventure within the machination of a rock, an entity, and a 'higher' being which all happen to become induced within a maelstrom of thought and concepts leading to an incredibly succint ending...

...yeap my rock :)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
a psychoanalytical adventure within the machination of a rock, an entity, and a 'higher' being which all happen to become induced within a maelstrom of thought and concepts leading to an incredibly succint ending...

Above is some good shit. Very good shit. 49/50 marks worth of awesome shit. :D

Too abd i'm doing a short story though. :(
And guess which genre im doing it in? The oldest genre in the world, one about which EVERYTHING has already been written. Romance/fantasy.

ffs, I dunno why i'm doing it. I really want to, but i dunno if its a good idea. humpho

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum

One word....wow!

Definitely deserved that 49/50

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by GuardiaN
Above is some good shit. Very good shit. 49/50 marks worth of awesome shit. :D

Too abd i'm doing a short story though. :(
And guess which genre im doing it in? The oldest genre in the world, one about which EVERYTHING has already been written. Romance/fantasy.

ffs, I dunno why i'm doing it. I really want to, but i dunno if its a good idea. humpho
but tis a short story :)

Giant Lobster

HSC
heh... anyone know of whether my idea has been overdone?
I was planning to do something on The Matrix and its religious symbolisms / allusions

irene adler

is anyone finding topics to do with greek mythology to be really popular this year/previously?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by irene adler
is anyone finding topics to do with greek mythology to be really popular this year/previously?
God, I hope not! lol I hope nothing along the lines of Ancient Greece is popular. Dammit, I thought my idea was original! lol Where did u hear that from irene adler?

irene adler

Originally posted by grk_styl
Where did u hear that from irene adler?
A friend found out I'm doing something on greek mythology and told me she was too, then went on to say she had been talking to lots of people doing stuff in the area...so, I just got paranoid. And well, just thinking that there were one or two ancient greek-centric pieces in the showcases, so perhaps it's a popular area.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by irene adler
one or two ancient greek-centric pieces in the showcases, so perhaps it's a popular area.

Well it must have been done well. Thats what you should aim for, doesn't matter if everyone else in the state does the same thing. Were not marked into a bellcurve!

Saul

*ss
HSC
(but they are looking for originality)

picaresque

HSC
They're looking for originality, but I'm pretty sure (fingers crossed etc) that the Ancient Greek and it's literature/mythology etc is a diverse enough 'muse' to cater for quite a few original students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)