• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Important: text types, eg letter, review (1 Viewer)

MeagsXCore

hey guys can anyone help me by posting some information on the different text types that we may be asked to use tomorrow. Thanks Heaps!!

^___ShabS___^

yeah .. can someone post plz!

and whats the difference between a diary entry and a journal (i know, i know.. i should already know that .. but i dont :D) and what's their structure like .. pweease!

danno

feature article - heading, sub heading, descriptive, interesting language, aimed at a 12-15 year old.

speech - basically an essay using slightly less formal language and remember to put "ladies and gentelmen" or something like that at the beginning, and "thank you" at the end (i always forget that :) )

letter - no idea, just pretend your someone else writing to you or something. im really gonna stuff it up if they ask us to do this.

journal entry - i doubt they will ask this, since each section is supposed to be 40 mins long, and it really doesnt take that long cause journal entries arent meant to be very long (i think) but if they do, im just gonna use very informal language and pretend im writing just so i can read it later.

diary entry - i think its the same as journal entry

thats all the diff types i can think of right now. i reckon they will probably ask us to do an essay, speech, and feature article.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)