• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

improving atar in the hsc (2 Viewers)

T

trowla17

OK ppls does anyone know how many raw marks is needed to improve from an atar of 95.75 to a 98? And is it still possible to get that 98 if I already worked quite hard to get that 95.75?

My raw marks atm
English 80/100
Maths 88/100
Maths 3U 44/50
Physics 81/100
Chem 71/100 (1 unit counted)
Eco 80/100

deswa1

HSC
Marks honestly don't mean much because we don't know the difficulty of your schools tests and how hard they mark. What is your school rank and your ranks at school?

Shadowless

HSC
OK ppls does anyone know how many raw marks is needed to improve from an atar of 95.75 to a 98? And is it still possible to get that 98 if I already worked quite hard to get that 95.75?

My raw marks atm
English 80/100
Maths 88/100
Maths 3U 44/50
Physics 81/100
Chem 71/100 (1 unit counted)
Eco 80/100
a) raw marks dont mean jack
b) if this 'atar of 95.75' was an estimate issued by ur school then yes.. (as schools are inaccurate)

T

trowla17

Oh soz.. I go to baulkham hills high school. I got the atar estimate from the school based on last years results. I'm not sure about the school rank though, should be top 10 in nsw I think. I'm not really an expert on this stuff. Sorry again

deswa1

HSC
Oh soz.. I go to baulkham hills high school. I got the atar estimate from the school based on last years results. I'm not sure about the school rank though, should be top 10 in nsw I think. I'm not really an expert on this stuff. Sorry again
Pretty sure you don't go to Baulko because you'd know your school rank for sure and you wouldn't have an estimate of around 95 with those marks because apparently Baulko marks pretty harsh so yeah...

T

trowla17

Let's just say hypothetically... I go to a school that's top 5 in state and my atar estimate is 95.75 (one of the lowest in our grade, since i screwed up chem trials). Please help me out !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

trowla17

Zzz fk me. GG, life's over. Ima go eat some pizza and kill myself now. The pizza part becos I'm hungry. Goodnight ppls.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
He probably goes to Chifley College and says he goes to Baulkham Hills since the school claims to mark as harsh and give as difficult exam papers.

T

trowla17

Okay u got.me. bang! I go to "chifley college" in the UK or something. Just answer the q. Let me phrase that a bit nicer. I don't want to say my school becos ppl will recognise me and im paranoid but it is top 5 in state. I guarantee uuu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)