• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Industrial Design + EAS (1 Viewer)

lazazal

HSC
N/A
Hey, im REALLY keen to do Industrial Design at UWS, however I recieved a UAI of only 56.25 and the UAI cut off last year was 60.60, I have EAS and I know that Sydney Uni accepted my application, so im geussing UWS would have except they said they dont mail you a letter... They said you just find out whether you got into the course or not :S...

Has anyone else used EAS at UWS before and seen how many bonus points you have recieved... I know that I really want to do this course as I am currently working with a friend at an engineering company doing some small design projects in the holidays for a bit of money and im loving it!

Or has anyone done UniTrack? I hear you only 55 for it and if you do well enough you can transfer in... Please help!

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
To qualify for EAS points, applicants have to show Year 11 and/or 12 or equivalent was seriously affected by circumstances beyond their control. You are right, UWS does not reveal to applicants whether or not they have received EAS points. If other universities have granted you points, this may be a good indication that you may receive some, but it is not a guarantee.

Leave ur preferences as they are but also put in a Unitrack application as a back up.

Again, you're right there are some Unitrack courses that require a UAI of at least 55; however, there are some Unitrack courses that do not have a UAI requirement at all. All the info is at www.uws.edu.au/unitrack. It doesn’t guarantee you a place at UWS but it can make you more competitive when you next apply through UAC (it is not a transfer system as such), as it shows you can study at a Uni level. The best part is that the units you complete with Unitrack may count towards your degree, if you’re accepted into a degree program. Applications are still open – they close on the 25th of Jan. (The application form is at the above link)

GOOD LUCK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)