INSEARCH. Your pathway to the University of Technology, Sydney (1 Viewer)

INSEARCH UTS

HSC
N/A
Just missed out on UTS?

The door is still open. INSEARCH gives you a second chance to get into a degree of your choice at UTS.

INSEARCH offers one year diploma courses that lead into the second year of most degrees at the University of Technology, Sydney.

Australian Year 12 graduates who score below the UAI cut-off for UTS undergraduate courses in 2006 can choose to study at INSEARCH for a year and gain an alternative entry into the second year of a UTS degree program. Students who achieve the required average mark (WAM) at INSEARCH, are guaranteed a place at UTS.

INSEARCH is a Higher Education Provider and is therefore able to offer eligible students access to the Australian Government Loan Scheme FEE-HELP.

For any additional information please visit our website

http://www.insearch.edu.au

If you have any questions or comments, please post them here and INSEARCH will get back to you as soon as possible.

Good luck with your HSC!

INSEARCH UTS

connected

HSC
Hi, I have a question. My UAI was 68.15, and I wish to apply for the Diploma of Design (Part-One) course at INSEARCH in 2007 to progress on to B Arts in Architecture at UTS in 2008. What I would like to know is, can I actually apply for this course with a UAI of 68.15? I ask this because the entry requirements for Dip. Design state that you need a UAI of 70 to apply.

If I don't get accepted, are there any alternative ways (e.g. writing a letter to show how willing I am) of entering? I would really prefer INSEARCH over transferring from a design-based course at UWS after a year because INSEARCH just seems like a more logical path.

Anyway, I know my timing could not have been worse with Christmas around the corner, so I don't expect a response within the next few days/week, but I would appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks in advance! :)

s1mplykat

HSC
connected said:
Hi, I have a question. My UAI was 68.15, and I wish to apply for the Diploma of Design (Part-One) course at INSEARCH in 2007 to progress on to B Arts in Architecture at UTS in 2008. What I would like to know is, can I actually apply for this course with a UAI of 68.15? I ask this because the entry requirements for Dip. Design state that you need a UAI of 70 to apply.

If I don't get accepted, are there any alternative ways (e.g. writing a letter to show how willing I am) of entering? I would really prefer INSEARCH over transferring from a design-based course at UWS after a year because INSEARCH just seems like a more logical path.

Anyway, I know my timing could not have been worse with Christmas around the corner, so I don't expect a response within the next few days/week, but I would appreciate any help I can get!

Thanks in advance! :)
omg connected, im in the exact same boat as u are.. i also got in the 60's range and wanted to do B Design (interior design), tho ive changed my mind towards B Design (visual comm). but instead of insearch i just plan to head up to UWS 1st and attempt to transfer from there.. not that i have anything against UWS its just inconvenient location wise.
-kat.

tkfkd

HSC
Also in same boat as you guys. Got 61.05 UAI. Choosing between UWS and UTS Insearch. I private messaged the topic creator but he doesn't seem to be online. Anyway, I'm looking to go to UWS (I really really didn't wanna go due to the fact that I live in Strathfield/Burwood Area and the campus is in CAMPBELLTOWN!)

Anyway, I was wondering about 'Transfering'. When transfering, do they look at your UAIs as well or your Uni mark? I'm going to do whatever to get to UTS but it seems like, if they are going to look at your UAIs, I'm totally screwed.

s1mplykat

HSC
tkfkd said:
Also in same boat as you guys. Got 61.05 UAI. Choosing between UWS and UTS Insearch. I private messaged the topic creator but he doesn't seem to be online. Anyway, I'm looking to go to UWS (I really really didn't wanna go due to the fact that I live in Strathfield/Burwood Area and the campus is in CAMPBELLTOWN!)

Anyway, I was wondering about 'Transfering'. When transfering, do they look at your UAIs as well or your Uni mark? I'm going to do whatever to get to UTS but it seems like, if they are going to look at your UAIs, I'm totally screwed.

hah, thats better then me tkfkd. i live in Randwick and my course campus is at Penrith! thats roughly over a 2 hour treck.. i've talked about it with my mum and she wants me to live on campus.. so thats a high possibility.

ahh ive read much about 'transferring' from uni to uni and it varies of uni to uni i think.. some uni's used 50% of ur UAI and 50% of uni GPA.. i heard that uts relies on UAI as well as some questionnaire? and also i think u have to maintain a credit average or distinction average? im really confused about the entire transferring system though, so maybe i shouldnt even be attempting to answer this question... haha

allwells, how would u apply for insearch anyway?

connected

HSC
s1mplykat said:
allwells, how would u apply for insearch anyway?
You need to do the following:

1) Get a tax file number (you can obtain one from the Australian Tax Office if you don't have one already). Application form can be found here:

http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/content.asp?doc=/content/form_1432.10.99.htm

2) Send a completed and signed application form, with an authorised English translation if necessary, and English qualifications to:
The Registrar
Insearch UTS
PO Box K1085
Haymarket NSW 1240

Application form can be found here:

http://www.insearch.edu.au/LIVE/WEB/RESOURCES/DOCUMENTS/Pdf/DomesticApplicationFormDecember2006.pdf

3) INSEARCH will let you know if your application has been successful or not. If it has been successful, you will be sent an offer or provisional offer of a place, and a schedule of fees.

4) If you wish to accept this offer, you must submit your request for FEE-HELP assistance or forward the payment of fees by bank cheque or credit card to the Registrar's address (see above).

5) Early application and payment of fees is necessary in order to secure a place in the course.

I really hope this whole thing works out!! Otherwise I have to do Industrial Design at UWS Penrith and transfer after a year which is just.. crap.

INSEARCH UTS

HSC
N/A
Hi all,

Thank you very much for your interest.

Whether or not you can get admitted at INSEARCH if you do not meet the entry requirements is a very delicate question. When your application is being assessed, many factors are taken into consideration, such as your UAI, your final school results, previous study and work experience. You may wish to submit other relevant information that you think might help your application, such as a personal letter (optional).

You may apply for one or more courses at INSEARCH. There is no application fee for domestic students wishing to apply to an INSEARCH diploma course. You will receive notification form the Registrar’s department stating the outcome of your application within two weeks of submitting your application form.

The application form can be found at www.insearch.edu.au/application

You can either submit your application in person to the INSEARCH Student Services department or mailed to the following postal address.

Mail
The Registrar - INSEARCH
PO Box K1085
Haymarket NSW 1240
Australia

In Person
INSEARCH Student Services
Ground Floor, 10 Quay St
(Corner Quay & Valentine Sts)
Sydney NSW 2000

The full list of application procedures can be found at

www.insearch.edu.au/apply/procedures

Tax File Number (TFN) is not required unless you wish to apply for FEE-HELP. FEE-HELP is an Australian Government loan initiative that allows eligible students to study now and pay later, through the taxation system. For more information on FEE-HELP please visit www.insearch.edu.au/feehelp

Thank you for your questions and comments.

Best wishes,
INSEARCH UTS

Last edited:

connected

HSC
Thanks very much!! You've been a great help. I know my cutoff doesn't meet the requirements for what I want to study at INSEARCH, but either way I'm going to apply. It's worth a shot, right? :)

INSEARCH UTS

HSC
N/A
connected, it certainly is. If you have any questions, please come along to one of our Information Evenings

18th of January
1st of February

6.00 pm
INSEARCH Auditorium
187 Thomas Street
Haymarket, NSW 2000

or call (02) 9218 8666

We will be looking forward to seeing you.

Best wishes
INSEARCH UTS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)