• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Intentionalist/structuralist question (1 Viewer)

Nightminds00

HSC
I have an assessment on analysing the theories about Hitlers intentions leading up to the WWII. I know the sides of the debate etc., but i am unsure of how to sturcture it. We have to write point form notes under sub-headings and along with the different sides of debate, i don't know whether i should have separate headings for the main historians (Bullock, Taylor etc.)
I think this is the way i will go but any advice would be great!
thankyou :)

rama_v

HSC
Well you could split it up into the events that led to the war and the debates that concern them. For example the pact with Stalin, the rome/berlin axis (basically the role of these pacts and whether Hitler was preparing for war or not), and also the whole section about the treatment of the Jews (and how the holocaust grew out of teh einsatzgruppen which was basically teh SS eliminating Jewish prisoners by shooting them).

If I remember correctly you would also have to include the events such as the anschluss, invovlement in teh spanish conflict (dictator Franco) and the Munich Conference where teh Sudetenland was handed over to Germany (and teh subsequent invasion of Czechoslovakia).

I dont know if its a great way of organising it but I guess it is a way other than just simply listing the intentionalist and structuralist viewpoints...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)