INvestigation (1 Viewer)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
We got this assessment thingy which basically requires us to make up a practical to do.
We can do anything we want but i just need some help getting some ideas.
I know of some, but they are sorta just crappy. EG drop a ball off and take the time taken. I reckon those are just plain ol crappy...
Anyone want to give me ideas?

kini mini

HSC
Does it have to come from Space?

If so I think a prac measuring the coefficient of friction would be interesting - use sandpaper, table, metal, plastic etc :). Roll the ball down the same incline but made of siff things. Even better, spice it up by using other objects like a stapler or something, then you can put it at varios angles to the slope etc.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
that sounds sorta complicated...
it doesnt have to come from any topic i dont think... its just basically a prac that you gotta make up and do that has to at least associate with physic. EG cant be cut up a bird or something

Capulet

UNSW rulz!
do the old throw tenns ball thing.
one person throws it, the other person catchs it, the time and distance is measured / avereaged.

then just use your 3 equations of motion to find out the rest. like maxium height, speed etc.

professor

or perform things that Galileo did...easy and u can 'improve' on his results...like show that a watermelon fall at the same rate as a glue stick or something....or throw a ball horizontally and time it as if it falls at the same time as dropping it vertically...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)