IPT Assessment Task help? (1 Viewer)

DanQ1991

HSC
I don't really get the task. In te first part, we have to make an 'Interview sheet' for a Realty, who wants to start a new computerised system for managing rental properties.

It is a database task which will contain a series of tables to manage data on Properties, Owners, Rent and Tenants.

Our first part, due this Friday is to construct an interview sheet and template with a series of questions. Is this like a form? What questions are we meant to ask?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
DanQ1991 said:
I don't really get the task. In te first part, we have to make an 'Interview sheet' for a Realty, who wants to start a new computerised system for managing rental properties.

It is a database task which will contain a series of tables to manage data on Properties, Owners, Rent and Tenants.

Our first part, due this Friday is to construct an interview sheet and template with a series of questions. Is this like a form? What questions are we meant to ask?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.
You might be better off posting this in the IPT thread for 2009ers who have the new syllabus; I did 2008 IPT and it didn't require us to actually implement methodologies.
Good luck

xx.kelly.xx

Awesome Member
HSC
I'm guessing the 'interview sheet' is just a survey to ask users and participants what they need or want out of the new system

We're doing a similar assignment, but we have to create a database on our own chosen subject, as well as creating a massive portfolio descirbing the whole processes of our database and how we create it.
In our portfolio we have to do a survey to ask users and participants questions such as what they want from the new system thats to be implemented.

Anyways hope i helped a bit
Good luck!

Oh and just a quick question, do you have to create a portfolio with your assignment as well? Or are these seperate tasks your way of creating a step by step type portfolio?

DanQ1991

HSC
Thank you for your reply, xx.kelly.xx.

The task is made up of 7 parts. The thread I've posted is just the first part.

The other parts are: Data Analysis, Requirements Report, Feasibility Report, Solution Design, Solution and Evaluation.

So yes, it's sort of like a portfolio.

Thanks for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)