• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ipt help hsc!!! (1 Viewer)

garymanoj

HSC
Hi guys,
I'm currently doing IPT HSC Course and DFD diagrams are killing me. I literally don't even get the concept of this diagram. Any tips on how to master DFD Diagrams. Thankss

Susu123

HSC
Hi guys,
I'm currently doing IPT HSC Course and DFD diagrams are killing me. I literally don't even get the concept of this diagram. Any tips on how to master DFD Diagrams. Thankss
omg same, i can never get them right, but heres a technique that i found has been working:
basically read the question as a hole first so yk whats happening in the system
then re read the question one sentence or phase at a time, and when they identify or introduce an external entity or smth, add it to ur diagram. And as they imply some sort of data flow or communication between entities or part of the system, just add it in.
once's you've gone thru the whole question like this, add in all the other data flow arrows or processes that you think are logical and necesarry.
If you send me a sample question, i can demonstrate this for you!

garymanoj

HSC
hi im so sorry i saw ur message so late, trials are killing me
this is a question from the 2019 ipt past paper, i even looked at the answer, but i dont get it all
Screenshot 2024-06-24 102144.png

Susu123

HSC
i tried drawing this by starting off with a context diagram to identify the entities, and then i redrew it with all the different processes in an order that felt intuitive and logical
i doesnt look exactly like the sample, but i think you could still get away w it if it makes sense, like i only had one database intead of 2

garymanoj

HSC
thank you!!!! i always struggle with the processes bc there are so many that use need to put in the diagram, i'll try out ur method for this question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)