• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Is a hypothesis meant to have justification? (1 Viewer)

matt161989

HSC
Hey, I have been told by a few teachers that a hypothesis should have a justification and by others that it should not, I just got an assessment worth 20% back and missed out on 100% because i didn't justify my hypothesis, I know I shouldn't complain, but I thought I should find out for future reference, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Matt

helper

HSC
N/A
An hypothesis is suppose to based on observations. Normally it is just a statement and it is assumed the justification is in the question but somewhere in a report there should be a justification.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Justification should go under Discussion. A hypothesis is a hypothesis. It is a statement of what you think will happen. e.g. This bacterium will die after treatment with pencillin.

then in the Discussion, you state WHY the bacterium cannot survive due to pencillin. e.g. penicillin inhibit the cell wall formation.

millieforever

HSC
matt161989 said:
I just got an assessment worth 20% back and missed out on 100% because i didn't justify my hypothesis
Thanks, Matt
omg!!! i would be thankfull to even get 70%, let alone nearly 100%
how did you get such good marks? i have a teacher who skips half of the sylabus and doesnt even do any pracs with us... and its not jst my teacher, its most of the teachers in my school for bio...
yeah, im in year 11 atm and i wish i could get nearly 100%
and, no, i try to pay attention, but it just doesnt work... half of th time my teacher doesnt know what hes saying... >.<
and i know im being lame for asking this, but can you help (yeah, im sort of going through a dilemma so im asking someone i dont know for help:( ) lol...
ok well... yeah
cya:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)