Is ACU good for education (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
yeah i heard that too... primary edu is 88! O__o;;
my friend's there, for secondary education i think... he loves it!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
I didnt realise that RE was now compulsory for education........
learn something new everyday!

hatty

Banned
ppl are saying that you need to do Religion at ACU to be able to become a teacher

but wat if you rnt going to teach it? whats the point of learning RE when u rnt going to teach it

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by scheah86
only for ACU
other unis not compulsory
Sorry, I meant at ACU. i know its not compulsory for all education courses!

its like a back up thing. if some re teacher breaks a leg anyone can come in be relief for the class

Ummmmm, not quite..... it doesnt work like that in schools in the real world!

i think you would find that its compulsory for all education students (it wasnt when I went there) is that the idea is that the graduate of ACU is going to work in the Catholic school system therefore the ability to teach RE is more desirable (ie realistically, it will increase your chances of finding employment). When you finally get work as a teacher, unless the job specifically states RE, you usually dont have to teach it (there are exceptions to this but they are school based not system based eg all H/R teachers have to teach their homeroom RE) - most schools are moving from this as it demeans the subject and you have unmotivated ppl teaching what is considered to be the key subject in a Catholic school.
+ if you ever want to advance up the 'corporate ladder', RE is a good thing to have under your belt.
Hope this helps clarify things.......

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i guess it would make sense for catholic schools to be hiring people who have studied religion at uni.. compared to someone who didnt
at all catholic schools they have masses, special days (like at my school mercy day.. gilroy have their gilroy day.. oakhill have founders day etc) and other religious things.. so it would be good to have experience in that area to teach at a catholic school
my opinion lol
the uai is like the highest so it must be popular
is anyone doing the acu teaching thing as a 1u subject?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)