Is an ATAR of 82 applicable from this information? (1 Viewer)

Jordyz96

HSC
Ok, so currently I'm starting to get really nervous about my ATAR, as it is going to be released in the next couple of days.

I was just wondering if an ATAR of 82 seems reachable from the subjects that I study during the HSC, my ranks, and my guess of what raw mark I think I got from the HSC exam /100.

And yes...I know I should be patient, but...I would like to know if I can expect an ATAR of 82 to be reachable while I wait for the ATAR to be released.

Subjects:
1) Standard English (111/143) ~ 45%
2) General Mathematics (10/70) ~ 80%
3) Information Processes & Technology (1/23) ~ 85%
4) Software Design & Development (4/22) ~ 90%
5) Industrial Technology: Multimedia Industries (1/17) ~ 97%

* This might be a stupid question, as I completely don't understand how the ATAR is calculated, so please be nice :S

enoilgam

HSC
To be honest, with those ranks I'd say you're looking at maybe 77 - 80. I think 82 is possible, but it depends on how well you do in english because that has the potential to drag you down a lot.

Jordyz96

HSC
To be honest, with those ranks I'd say you're looking at maybe 77 - 80. I think 82 is possible, but it depends on how well you do in english because that has the potential to drag you down a lot.
Oh no :(. I've tried my hardest throughout these two years, but English was the most difficult. I don't think I will get a good mark for that subject particularly...so all I can do now is just pray.

Thank you enoilgam for giving me a good estimate. :)

luciddreams

HSC
It's extremely hard to tell but since 90% of your subjects are low scaling you are probably looking at something between high 60s and mid 70s.
English standard is low scaling and you did poorly in it and having a bad cohort would scale you down considerably (including your overall ATAR)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I would say High 70's to Low 80's.

The only problem is that your English mark may be really low. If your English was on par then I would say you would definitely get above 80.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)